Tubeless sealant on bibs

mecheng89

Good morning, all Hubbers!

To my tubeless bretheren - how on earth do I get this sealant mess out of my good-as-new bib? I've put it through the wash but naturally it made zero difference.

Unfortunately it is ridiculously tough to remove from fabric.

When I blew my tyre off the rim with the bike in the back of my car. It was a really painful exercise to clean. The leather seats and plastic dash etc were ok, but the carpets were a nightmare. I used an industrial carpet cleaner for 2 weekends and eventually resorted prepsol to try get it out the carpets. When I sold the car a year later it had aftermarket carpet inserts and still had stains in places. Even the guys who cleaned it when it got serviced at the agents couldn't get it all out.

Chalk it up to school fees and now you have a good set of idt pants...

have you tried alcohol based hand sanitizer? let it soak and then try and brush it out , and repeat.....
be careful not to use a too hard brush

I wound up with Mucoff sealant on my kit a while back. The best is to remember to not let it dry, so get the bibs/clothing under a tap or pour water on to dilute before it dries. Which I now know to do. The other was a combination of a strong mixture of Ecologic cleaner, agitating and washing, then I used the Mucoff sealant remover spray and also let it soak and agitate it. Seemed that worked the best, can hardly see any marks now. 

I am adding this to the list... Sealant on your bib is a badge of honour, much like chipped Kashima and a chipped eBike. It says, "My pants are messy but I ride so hard I could not be bovvered to take them to a dry cleaner". 

Apparently (have not tried it myself) Tea tree oil works wonders of getting it out.
One of my friends that imports sealant have stumbled on this solution.

29 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Apparently (have not tried it myself) Tea tree oil works wonders of getting it out.
One of my friends that imports sealant have stumbled on this solution.

Not sure I'd want that fiery stuff anywhere near my nether regions, thanks.

Not so good for shorts but benzine works for car or other surfaces. Just check small area of leather or surface to check it doesn't strip the paint and wear gloves and work in ventilated space as it's apparently bad for your liver.

It also depends on which sealant you are using

I've ruined a few pairs of bibs with ammonia based sealant in the past

Spot soak with fabric softener and/or a kit wash like from Assos or Ass Magic. Gently rub with a cloth, or pinch the bib material and rub it together (I use a microfibre cloth) and chuck in the washing machine on a short cycle with other kit.

often will take a couple washes, but generally most of it will be out. 

Edited by Danger Dassie

On 2/29/2024 at 1:47 PM, Brakepad said:

luckily op had pants on, think about what sealant is supposed to do ...🤣

Brooklax Chocolates 4's Chewable

… seems like an Ass Saver has a lot of value when you dealing with wheel poo!