Good quality Torque wrench

Hi there

Does anyone know of, or can anyone recommend a good quality brand Torque wrench other than Park Tool. Not disputing the quality of Park Tool at all, just looking for a more affordable option.

I bought the torque wrench from Solomon cycles a month or so ago.. it’s pretty decent for the money.!! Obviously it’s a new purchase so can’t comment on longevity yet but it’s looking good so far🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, wolver said:

Teng tools! I can supply at the best price 😃

+1 for Teng Tools!

You can take them in to get calibrated (what's the use of a tool like this if it isn't accurate ?)

16 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Experience :whistling:

couple of ugga duggas on the impact driver?

12 hours ago, wolver said:

Teng tools! I can supply at the best price 😃

As much as I love Teng Tools (and have a lot of their tools), their prices are on the steep side now.

As the OP is looking at AFFODRABLE options - Addendorfs is the go to supplier.

Torque wrenches .... not the place to buy cheap ...

36 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

As much as I love Teng Tools (and have a lot of their tools), their prices are on the steep side now.

As the OP is looking at AFFODRABLE options - Addendorfs is the go to supplier.

Torque wrenches .... not the place to buy cheap ...

I'd rather pay a little more with the comfort of knowing I only have to buy once in my life. Ardendorff has a place, but when it comes to a precision tool like a torque wrench it's worth investing in better quality.

Just an fyi out there 

A torque wrench needs to be calibrated often , when i worked in a shop the ones we used went in once a year , my personal one will be going every two year. 

Also nothing throws the calibration off quite like setting it and then leaving it on the setting. Unwind fully before putting away 

And even with perfect calibration ....tolerance is a real thing which is why i also always go .5nm under the recommended setting on the fastener.

I have been using Teng ones solely to do wheels and they offer good value for the price

But if I really need to be sure of a certain torque I use the Gedore but they are not cheap

King Tony aint bad too for a cheaper than the rest torque wrench

As BaGearA says they need Calibration which again is not cheap

9 minutes ago, Rich Stan said:

Where can I get a torque wrenche calibrated in JHB?

Go to your closest adendorf or tools shop , they'll usually send it in themselves or atleast be able to tell you where