the unofficial UCI Mountain Bike World Cup thread

nathrix

That non-tech track provided some of the best racing we've ever been treated to. They need to dumb down all the other tracks and add 20 jumps 🙂 Rename it BMXCO ... 

Seriously though, great track and great efforts from the racers who displayed big engines and superb skills and style. Maybe need to call it DCXCO?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Brazil hits the spot and clearly the okes love it... next year 3 races there? lol

That kid that won the u23 was a proper character celebrating/styling half way through the final lap already.

The actual UCI riders, you know, those physically there, were saying it's sorta technical (and enjoyable to ride). With technicality being a comparison thing I'll put stock in that over someone behind a bright computer screen sipping tea. 🤷‍♂️

On 4/21/2024 at 8:56 PM, babse said:

Its just a lot of jumps... 

Not sure why okes walking their bikes even. 

One has to love the idiotic comments on these threads from keyboard warriors who can’t even write properly, let lone ride their bicycles 🤣

So easy to sit behind a keyboard & make grammatically incorrect comments about things that one would be too scared to walk down in real life; let alone try race a bicycle over because it looks far easier on TV than in reality…

Always great entertainment value reading some of these comments 🍿 🍿🍿

Love the commentators who are late to the party, presumably because they're checking their grammar on chatGPT, and miss the point or humor in a comment they select to ridicule. It like make me lol 

6 hours ago, Headshot said:

Love the commentators who are late to the party, presumably because they're checking their grammar on chatGPT, and miss the point or humor in a comment they select to ridicule. It like make me lol 

My idiocracy forgot to add italics onto my comment 🙃

1 hour ago, babse said:

My idiocracy forgot to add italics onto my comment 🙃

The age old problem of the written word: people mostly only read it from their very own perspective and points of view, "forgetting" to take the multitude of meanings, nuances, aspects etc into consideration. Hence the greater challenge with all "social media" - often "unsocial" platforms, where all and sundry can just voice their "opinions" with far too little restraint and care.

Great Saffa saying: "Just be lekka"!

20 hours ago, Action_Man said:

One has to love the idiotic comments on these threads from keyboard warriors who can’t even write properly, let lone ride their bicycles 🤣

So easy to sit behind a keyboard & make grammatically incorrect comments about things that one would be too scared to walk down in real life; let alone try race a bicycle over because it looks far easier on TV than in reality…

Always great entertainment value reading some of these comments 🍿 🍿🍿

Chill bro, many okes here are just taking the wee wee out of each other 

The new coverage is a bit weird. The Whoop UCI insta is full of promos for the Jr racing but the Staylive coverage only has the elite advertised. I suspect that the Jr and qualifying may well be live on YouTube, but they are doing their best not to put that out there. 

On 4/27/2024 at 8:45 PM, DieselnDust said:

Chill bro, many okes here are just taking the wee wee out of each other 

You are 100% right, and in retrospect on this comment specifically - I'm happy to take it on the chin and admit that I probably did interpret this comment the wrong way.

I certainly read it at the wrong time in terms of what I was personally contributing - a truck load time & energy back into the sport at a real on the ground level for no personal gain.

To be honest (and here I'm happy to take all sorts of BS comments from keyboard "experts" who have far too much time on their hands) and more importantly don't have any iota of a clue about professional sport, be it any form of cycling or other sports...

None of the below comments are directed at you @DieselnDust - I'm not on here regularly enough to know who you are. 

I actually just log in mainly to look at the crime hotspots to try ensure my wife is able to train on safe routes & updates of where is actually safe to ride in this beautiful, yet volatile country of ours.  

I do however sometimes get lured into the "click bait links".

It get's old very fast reading the BS opinions of middle aged men on forums such as this around the world (this can be construed as "stereotypical", but it's realistically the truth) who have big Ego's and Opinions, but really don't have a clue outside of the industry they are in.

They are mostly avid cyclists - that's great, but...

Realistically, they have too much time on their hands & find time to comment on things they actually know nothing about. It boggles my mind.

They just think they know - the same as the Rugby or Cricket fans who sit on the couch and shout at the TV / the referee because they think they know better...

Or because they played a sport as a kid at school, they think they know what it's like to compete at a professional level. 

Or they have financially successful businesses and have had the time to read some cycling / training literature. 

I picture myself weighing in on their industries - what a load of BS.

Imagine me giving an IT professional or a FD, or a CEO with 20 plus years experience in their industry post their graduation advice on how to do their jobs? What a laugh, they would tell me to go get #$%&!

But on a forum like this, everyone thinks they're an expert... It's a laugh to me, but maybe that's the way I should view it and that's possibly why very few people who actually know hat they are talking about in this sport bother to weigh in on this forum...

And to be very clear/specific about my comments above regarding opinions - I'm not talking about people who come to these forums for advice on new bikes, bike setups, groupsets, training programs, coaches, whatever - that to me is what these forums should really be for..

It's when I see comments regarding proper racing at an international level from people who really don't have a clue that it at least gets me motivated to make a comment - no matter how much flack I may receiver from people thereafter who don't actually have a clue & have enough free time on their hand to weigh in on a comment to boot.

However, to your point @DieselnDust I should just chill and not give my 2c's worth, because it really isn't worth it on this forum. From that I have seen, anyone who actually knows what they are talking about on a professional level get's shot down by the keyboard warrior experts with far too much time on their hands. 

For those few who of us who really want to make a difference & give a real chance to the younger generation of South African's an opportunity; it is better for us to actually get down on our hands and knees in the dirt and help them properly than make comments on forums such as this.