the unofficial UCI Mountain Bike World Cup thread

nathrix

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies live on Tiz now.Lill lying 15th.2/5 laps to go.

So those saying that the course is fine 

max brandl fell and broke his jaw right in front of the cameras. 
Schurter has crashed several times including the rock garden and to town garden

Forster just crashed as well. Looks like he’s hurt his hand

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

So those saying that the course is fine 

max brandl fell and broke his jaw right in front of the cameras. 
Schurter has crashed several times including the rock garden and to town garden

Forster just crashed as well. Looks like he’s hurt his hand

Ya no, the course was terrible. Even worse to place it right before the olympics. 

Crashes happen and ride with in your limit based on the terrain presented. If the course was dry it would be a different story but rained and like any course when wet it adds a different factor in. Nino's crashes as cause he 1st never got his front wheel into the rut, his bike was going left he was right when the bike stood upright. He wasnt hurt. 
Even Pidcock who put on a clinic dropped it twice. 

The course today allowed those who are able to produce smooth and big power over a longer duration due to the mud, those riders came out better than the others.

1 hour ago, MarcoDeS said:

Ya no, the course was terrible. Even worse to place it right before the olympics. 

I disagree. I found it to be fantastic, the course looks amazing. I feel xco should be balance of technical skills and power/fitness, this course nailed it. Falling and injuring yourself is a risk in all sports, xc typically gets off pretty lightly. Just look at the road and DH, 2 disciplines I don’t know much about, yet I can place a number of big crashes and injuries going back merely a couple of weeks. The fact that a roadie won today goes further to show that it’s not too far technically. (Yes I know he’s a lot more than that but you get the idea). This course merely separated the men from the boys more than usual in terms of technical ability. 

53 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Crashes happen and ride with in your limit based on the terrain presented. If the course was dry it would be a different story but rained and like any course when wet it adds a different factor in. Nino's crashes as cause he 1st never got his front wheel into the rut, his bike was going left he was right when the bike stood upright. He wasnt hurt. 
Even Pidcock who put on a clinic dropped it twice. 

The course today allowed those who are able to produce smooth and big power over a longer duration due to the mud, those riders came out better than the others.

Ya I’d tend to agree with you but there has to be a tipping point where adding wow factor doesn’t make the racing any better. That everybody dropped it a few times, including Pidcock tells me they got it wrong for a wet course today. In the dry it would have been spectacular. Everyone was slowing for the rock garden b-line and the a -line was only used a few times. The totem garden had ramps fitted to give the riders a slower entry. The c-line was covered in wood chips for the first lap but that was gone with everyone slip sliding down it. I love watching Pidcock racing his Mtb but I also want to see a good race and both were fairly processional. 

totally agree that the smoothest riders took the wins today with both followed by riders with possibly the most inefficient body language on a bike.

i just can’t get the image of Brandl lying with his face on a rock , screaming in pain 

Was a super interesting race to watch. Didn't suit NS at all but he still got a 4th. I wonder if he went with dry tyres? Pidcock is on another level. 

12 hours ago, Headshot said:

Who was being treated by medics on the B line in the last lap?

That was Max Brandl. Still no update . Fell on lap 5 i think it was. 

update: It was lap 3 when Brandl fell. Broken jaw confirmed. still no name for the rider who fell in the last lap but also a bad one

Edited by DieselnDust

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

I think it was Mathis Azarro of Decathlon. Results show he dnfd after doing 5 laps.

Could be

2 hours ago, Vaultboy said:

I lost interest in Pinkbike Friday Fails a long time ago. 

Funny, but you missed the point. It was a master class in who was fit and technically proficient and who was less so. Pidcock channeled his inner sausage dog better than the rest. 

They should consider having XCO back in Cape Town midwinter, the weather ie better here 🙂 

3 hours ago, Headshot said:

I think it was Mathis Azarro of Decathlon. Results show he dnfd after doing 5 laps.

Looks like was Raphael Auclair of Decathlon Ford. Whoever it was needed to have the neck stabilised before being evacuated.😟