Where to ride with a beginner in CT?

Spirog

If your better half was just starting to ride, where in CT would you take them for the first couple of outings? 

Somewhere that she can get comfortable on the bike and not be scared off by traffic or technical stuff. 

Table Mountain jeep tracks. Permits are a bit of a las though

The Tokai greenbelts? Start low down and scoot around the flat stuff up to Southern Cross junction and back?

I took my mom there when she was in her late 60s to get a feel for a MTB and she was absolutely fine

Where in CT?
If you head out to Paradyskloof just outside of Stellenbosch there are beautiful forest trails. Access is free and there's a variety of open tracks, non-technical single track, easy climbs, hard climbs, you name it.

Tokai Forest Lower gravel path loop,
Constantia greenbelt (Tokai Forest Lower to Silverhurst Drive or Bel Ombre,
Spaanschemacht / Orpen Rd bike paths,
Milnerton lighthouse to Blouberg or Melbosstrand along the bike path,
Koeberg Nature Reserve once it re-opens and you can arrange permits
Somerbosch in Somerset West
Jonkershoek lower circle road

Table Mountain jeep tracks pretty tough for a beginner IMO -- too loose and rocky. 

24 minutes ago, Anthem24 said:

Tokai Forest Lower gravel path loop,
Constantia greenbelt (Tokai Forest Lower to Silverhurst Drive or Bel Ombre,
Spaanschemacht / Orpen Rd bike paths,
Milnerton lighthouse to Blouberg or Melbosstrand along the bike path,
Koeberg Nature Reserve once it re-opens and you can arrange permits
Somerbosch in Somerset West
Jonkershoek lower circle road

Table Mountain jeep tracks pretty tough for a beginner IMO -- too loose and rocky. 

Agreed, good recommendations!

Constantia is going to start getting muddy as we hit winter (after the rains hit). 

TM jeep tracks are still the ONLY place i have managed to come off a bike going UPHILL.  Def not for beginners. 

Thanks all. Once again, the Hub does its thing! Appreciate it.

Stay away from TM jeep track - windy, and steep  enough to put a beginner off.

Sorry if I missed it, but WHERE in CT ?

Melkbos is a very nice spot for new riders, sadly closed again.

Southey Vines has some very nice options.  Sure, you would need to recce it, then decide which bits you want to repeat.  But as she progress, you can include another section.

Contermanskloof - Start, then take the turn on the Green/Blue (?) route.  Just past the vineyard walk that short section the first time.  Nice easy bit after that, followed by a very low A-frame.  Walk it if she is unsure.  Next bit is downhill, so make sure the speed is kept in check.  One more A-frame, then back to the car park.  About a 2,5km lap.  Nice one to repeat until she is comfortable.

After this she should be ready for B-Spot at Bloemendal.

Once she is really comfortable with that little lap of Conties, go do the left line of the skills park at Hoogekraal .... walk the climb if needed.  

Hi guys, to be completely honest... Bloemendal. You dont want to scare them. Just dont go there on a sat or sun after 10am. Its safe, flat and a great place to learn the basics. The trails are smooth and will get you accustomed to the bike.