Your adventure starts with Avalanche

News bot

Avalanche is stepping into a new era, and we are inviting you along for the ride. Thirty years ago, Avalanche Bicycles was founded with a spirit for adventure. Our mission has and will always be to develop affordable and reliable bicycles for South Africans of all ages and walks of life. Avalanche’s new range is centred around three core principles: CAPABILITY | AFFORDABILITY | ASPIRATION Our bikes are more than just transportation; they are a fun way to explore, stay fit, and connect with others. The new Avalanche range features designs driven by affordable performance and attractive aesthetics. Whether you […]

View full article

Was my kids first MTB many many years ago - I stripped and rebuilt it as soon as i got it home - The thing was bullet proof - he rode the K#k out of it for many years and when he got too big for it i sold it for more than i paid for it - Great to see the brand back on the shelves

17 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Cool to see a manufacturer giving L-Twoo 'n go (on the gravel bike).

Its a great bike, especially at that price.
A friend has been using one for a few weeks and we are all very impressed - Green Belts, Mast and Block House were all handled with ease. 47mm tyres are a nice touch.

The rear mech does need a clutch though -  chain drop is a regular occurrence.

28 minutes ago, splat said:

Its a great bike, especially at that price.
A friend has been using one for a few weeks and we are all very impressed - Green Belts, Mast and Block House were all handled with ease. 47mm tyres are a nice touch.

The rear mech does need a clutch though -  chain drop is a regular occurrence.

Looks like they did well to make a budget bike. Doing the basics right goes a long way. It will be heavy but as long as it performs.

2 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Looks like they did well to make a budget bike. Doing the basics right goes a long way. It will be heavy but as long as it performs.

Ja, I mean, it's not aimed at racers and BikeHub BikeSnobs (TM)...

It's an affordable option for 'normal' people, who ride bikes. I reckon it's a win

2 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

30 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Ja, I mean, it's not aimed at racers and BikeHub BikeSnobs (TM)...

It's an affordable option for 'normal' people, who ride bikes. I reckon it's a win

Absolutely agree!
100% x 2 

i just wish the entry level kids bikes can flip around those chain rings, small front and bigger at the back. it a shame to see them always having to struggle uphill when they are pushing gear ratios bigger than pogi on a tt bike.

My adventure started with an Avalanche Sirocco from Olympic Cycles, circa 1995.

They must have been a very new brand then, chro-mo all the way baby. hope the b@stard that stole it 4 years later got some fun out of it.