Bikehub pay

jacobus h123

Has any one been scamed or been in a bad situation on hub pay I know it protects the buyer but what about the seller as bikehub pay only deals with the funds what happens if you as a seller sends the bike and it gets stolen or in a accedent or the buyer decides he doesn't want it who pays the courier fees as it will fall back to the sellers problem any info would be appreciated 

Most if not all your questions are answered in the refund policy of bike hub pay.

Screenshot_20240817_183522_Chrome.jpg.763885a487a5095ad9187c05ad31c41f.jpg

Edited by Ncayi

Thanks  I saw the agreement between the 2 parties or if there's a direct pick up there obviously hasn't been an isue before just wondering what and if courier loses the bike exc does bikehub still pay out the seller or is it being refunded to the buyer also in a case where the buyer does not want to take responsibility for sending the bike back as for some reason he's not happy with the item

11 hours ago, jacobus h123 said:

Thanks  I saw the agreement between the 2 parties or if there's a direct pick up there obviously hasn't been an isue before just wondering what and if courier loses the bike exc does bikehub still pay out the seller or is it being refunded to the buyer also in a case where the buyer does not want to take responsibility for sending the bike back as for some reason he's not happy with the item

This did happen not so long ago, cant remember what thread it was, but the buyer related the story, the seller sent the bike via courier, in that period last year with all the riots in KZN, the bike went missing in transit, the buyer got his money back from BikeHub Pay, the seller was left to deal with the courier company

1 hour ago, Chadvdw67 said:

This did happen not so long ago, cant remember what thread it was, but the buyer related the story, the seller sent the bike via courier, in that period last year with all the riots in KZN, the bike went missing in transit, the buyer got his money back from BikeHub Pay, the seller was left to deal with the courier company

Would it not depend on the courier arrangements? If the seller arranges the courier then he has committed to have your goods delivered  but if the buyer sorted for the courier then it is the buyers agent and you as seller have done your bit by boxing and handling over to the buyers agent/courier. 

40 minutes ago, Barry said:

Would it not depend on the courier arrangements? If the seller arranges the courier then he has committed to have your goods delivered  but if the buyer sorted for the courier then it is the buyers agent and you as seller have done your bit by boxing and handling over to the buyers agent/courier. 

No idea, just relating what happened, how often have you sold something and the buyer arranges the courier? I think I have had 2 transactions like that, every other sale the buyer has asked me to arrange the courier

Just now, Chadvdw67 said:

No idea, just relating what happened, how often have you sold something and the buyer arranges the courier? I think I have had 2 transactions like that, every other sale the buyer has asked me to arrange the courier

Yea I haven't had them make the arrangements often. But they do ask can you PUDO or Postnet etc and I agree. My opinion is they request that option so they should take the risk using that option regardless if I fill in the waybill and ship the item. If they ask can ship and who do I prefer or use then my suggestion it's on me.

So I work on an oil rig and my cousin is a shipping agent. I pay legit money into Bikehub pay and send the shipping agent to collect. A week later I never received the item that was stolen out of the shipping agents van so I get my money back and the seller gets a F-all.

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

So I work on an oil rig and my cousin is a shipping agent. I pay legit money into Bikehub pay and send the shipping agent to collect. A week later I never received the item that was stolen out of the shipping agents van so I get my money back and the seller gets a F-all.

In a case like this we won't simply refund a buyer on their word alone. We'd need written confirmation from a reputable courier company confirming the loss. If an unresolvable dispute arises we'd refer the matter to the appropriate court.

Risks in transit, while remote, is something we're conscious of finding a better solution for, ideally the ability to offer cover in transit as part of the Bike Hub Pay service (either baked in or as an optional extra, depending on costs).

For anyone doing direct deals where shipping is involved I'd imagine the same risk exists, it's likely the buyer that's at risk since they've already paid the seller directly. Still not an ideal situation.

This is where long standing and the protection of a reputation comes into play.

I no longer send anything i sell, pickup yourself or you areange courier to collect from me.

I take multiple phots of item and packing and then the buyers needs to deal.

Don't want to arrange courier cool , I don't either and will wait.

Or go PM the hundreds of people I've dealt with.... nothing leaves my possession without the funds in my account