Advice on the right long travel bike

Scott roy

32 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Okay so probably no chair lifts? Regardless just get a 150mm trail or 160 to 170mm enduro  bike. The geo and fit is probably more important than travel but bikes like the Stumpjumper pedal well enough according to the reviews. If you have cash to burn look at the Ibis HD6. Pedals very well and gets rave reviews online. 

No there’s no lifts, but they shuttle on weekends and there is buses to the town at the top every half hour or so. 
I think I’m going to go stumpy evo

25 minutes ago, MORNE said:

As mentioned by the others already…the enduro bike will just delete rough sections at speed.  I use this feature to make up for my lack of skill haha. I own a Forbidden Dreadnaught 170/160 (yes the name alone took my money), but in hindsight i should have gotten the Druid instead (150/140mm). But i still love my Dreadsled. Life’s too short not to ride too much travel on a blue trail😅

How does that ride? I have eyed a couple with interest

I want to get something that will provide me the most fun and speed possible. I’m no racer but I wouldn’t mind trying my hand at an event or two. 

1 hour ago, Scott roy said:

No there’s no lifts, but they shuttle on weekends and there is buses to the town at the top every half hour or so. 
I think I’m going to go stumpy evo

Frame fittings that cater for shuttles might be a factor as well then.

53 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Frame fittings that cater for shuttles might be a factor as well then.

Thanks, that’s something I never considered 

16 minutes ago, Chrisjanopsyfiets said:

This….. You can thank me later

IMG_4882.jpeg

Very nice, I dig that colour scheme 

You will not regret getting a Stumpy Evo. Out of the 20+ bikes I’ve had, it’s been by far the best all-round machine.

The fact that both the Levo SL Gen2 (which is what I ride now) and now the new Stumpy have the same geo as the Evo had 4 years ago illustrates how sorted this setup is.

6 hours ago, thebob said:

this video is the best Stumpy Evo review from a guy who rides some gnarly terrain

Thanks, this was very informative. Got me considering the enduro some more

Bike free until Monday...quick trip home to Ireland...and missing bike time...roll on Monday...decent borrens to cycle on...until the road stops ...

20240824_181902.jpg