Simonsvlei

stringbean

Did someone in the SV bunch have a early lunch appointment?We started at such a pace(thanks Fatty)that guys were off at 5km.How did it go TooHot.Saw you at start and that was it.

Tough race.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colonel

I spoke to him after the race, he wasnt happy with the race t say the least.

horrible race. Had NO juice in the legs. I let the group go after 10 km (or rather they left me). Decided on lekker oefen ride. Coughing op phelgm. Think I'm coming down with something. Or hope so otherwise my deteriating at a high speed!

Heard ther were I crash early on in the Elites (guy i talked to was not happy about the Liberty riders?) and also in the C-D group a guys carbon bike got relocated all over paarl.
The wine tasting afterwards were free and I only had a glass cab/merlot........highlight of my day!

Guest colonel

The crash was in the 1st 2km, it was cause 1 guy moved over and caused a chain reaction of crashes it was nuts. Liberty ride where they want..........left......right.....

Not a good race for me - that start saw me at over 300w for 19 mins - first 5 mins was higher than the pace I normally do 5 min intervals at Dead

Ugly.

yaw well ...... what can i say..... It seems i just dont have what it takes.

I am giving up racing the leagues now, I will never race another league race in my life again. I train so hard and i it does not amount to sh!t.

So rather than killing myself at something that will just never be, i am gonna start enjoying life and doing things with my buddies, maybe actually try and get myself a wife... who knows???

Was fun....sorta....

Ciao for now

I am giving up racing the leagues now' date=' I will never race another league race in my life again. I train so hard and i it does not amount to sh!t.

So rather than killing myself at something that will just never be, i am gonna start enjoying life and doing things with my buddies, maybe actually try and get myself a wife... who knows???

Was fun....sorta....

Ciao for now

[/quote']

Cmon Too Hot - thats losers talk and you are not a loser - just a bad spell thats all. Get yourslef a good coach Wink

Keep at it and it will come right - let me know what you are doing and I will try and help.

Guest colonel

Dude you dont ever give up on something, my Father taught me that when I crashed in a MX race and broke my collarbone and still made me finish the last lap. Dont ever give up, if you do it once you will do it again and if you do something do it 110% no half measures.

I am giving up racing the leagues now' date=' I will never race another league race in my life again. I train so hard and i it does not amount to sh!t.

Was fun....sorta....

Ciao for now
[/quote']

EK het dieselfde idee!!!! Spandeer 'n bietjie meer tyd op die gholfbaan, in en op die see en ophou om myself te moor deur die week.

Klink nie te bad nie? Watter verskil gaan dit aan my maak of ek 23st of 123st of 423st kom?

Was fun....sorta....

Ciao for now

[/quote']

Cmon Too Hot - thats losers talk and you are not a loser - just a bad spell thats all. Get yourslef a good coach Wink

Keep at it and it will come right - let me know what you are doing and I will try and help.

Hi Bikemax, not sure what i am doing wrong... just dont have anything uphill, not a sausage. I have a feeling it might be my weight, 79kg at the moment??

Will give it some thought, speak to you soon.

Have a good evening Smile

Ciao for now

Day started out hectic. Got out of bed coughing and sneezing and then had to convince my mom that i'm well enough to ride. Arrived at Simonsvlei only ten minutes before we had to start (dad forgot his chip and number, so turned back when we were already halfway!).

So...needless to say I was not very prepared - had to do everything that i usually have 30 - 45minutes for in FastForward and that sorta messed up my morning for me.

Masters and SWIFT didn't start out too fast, so had an allright warm up up and until they dropped me on about 30km (i think - don't ride with a spedo) Cruised to and over Hellshoogte on my own at a nice easy pace.

Then got into a bunch when they came down after Hellies. When we got into Pniel they were CRAWLING...so i got irritated and went to the front.

Suddenly had new legsBig%20smile...whipped up the pace a bit and from there on me and one other guy on a red Colnago took turns at the front and kept the pace quite high. hehehe - lost half of the bunchEvil%20Smile - damn wheelsuckers!(oops...am i beginning to sound like DR?)

So in the end actually enjoyed it!

* Just came to one conclusion...i don't like following someone else's pace - i want to set it!Evil%20SmileBig%20smile

(hiehie - guess who's going to train harder from now on!Tongue)

So rather than killing myself at something that will just never be' date=' i am gonna start enjoying life and doing things with my buddies, maybe actually try and get myself a wife... who knows???

[/quote']

LOL with that moustache and hairdo, tooHot, it will not be difficult at all for you to get a wife ...who knows, there might be plenty of league-girls just keeping on racing because they know they might see you at the races - don't disappoint them!!

Just came to one conclusion...i don't like following someone else's pace - i want to set it! (hiehie - guess who's going to train harder from now on!Tongue)

Oh dear. Embarrassed

Just came to one conclusion...i don't like following someone else's pace - i want to set it! (hiehie - guess who's going to train harder from now on!Tongue)

Oh dear. Embarrassed

You shouldn't complain...we're on the tandem together on the 3rd! If i'm stronger, you don't have to work so hard!Tongue

Oh dear. Embarrassed

You shouldn't complain...we're on the tandem together on the 3rd! If i'm stronger' date=' you don't have to work so hard!Tongue
[/quote']

Phew! Dankie tog dis baie goeie nuus. Smile