Bakwena - A tale of two halves

Man with no name

Clearly a tale of two halves!! (A bunch)

Lap Time      Lap Time     Dist         km/h 
1.    0:59:55.0    0:59:55.0    48.873    48.9 Shocked
2.    2:25:48.2    1:25:53.2    48.072    33.6 Confused

Heard the Pro Elites did 57 km/h on the way out (Jason - well done mate!!)

Eish!!

Nameless one that looks like a seriously difficult second half. Gearjammer and I rode to Uncle Harry's this morning and also had to battle a tough head wind on the way back. Well done on the result anyway.

Regards

KayC

Yip........as a novice rider in this event......I did a 1:10 out and a 1:30 back........which was flying for me.....

@ turn around however it was a whole different ballgame :)

Congrats to all.............and a BIG thank you for all the TCS guys & girls that was there.....

We must have the best club/team in the world !!!!!

Yip, that second half was a race on it's own hey LOL

But at least I know now what to expect next year Clap

I'll be using my kite next year.......to aid in more speed Big%20smile

did first 50km in 64 min but only ended up doing 2:41, BUT very happy as kept same time as last year Thumbs%20Up

Me, Levi and MWNN almost missed our bunch, we were fooling around waaaaay at the back of the start and had a bit of work to do to get into the bunch..not sure who it was but I think the Orange boys attacked from the gun :-P

It was a dumb race lol! A good warm down after Saturday's battle though, but that is all it was.

Tandems, kamakazi's, single riders, fun riders, uber fun riders (the A bunch of course), mountain bikers (Why no mud hole for you guys?) all over the show.

No wonder all the crashes..

Some official dude on a bike neutralized our race at the end due to a crash at the finish line apparently, but when we got there, there was no crash? Either way not worth sprinting for the line in this race.

Shout outs to Jason (Sweet Ride with Elites), TCS Tandem (Winner Mixed), Cruxie and everyone in TCS! Also to all the other peeps I spotted there Zaskar, Tazman, Daniel.

Yup......Jason rode like a posessed ANIMAL!!!! 

Good one J!!  Unfortunately he came down at the finish with the big crash!  Not nice!!

Luckely nothing seriously injured......

Was not a good race for me.  Long story.....

Ons het maar 'n stadige wedren gehad, behalwe natuurlik die eerste helfte wat ons in net onder 'n uur gedoen het. Toe ons daar omdraai dog ek ons stop om bietjie te rus en ek moes al my balansering tricks uithaal om nie om te val nie. Ek het bietjie met Bruce en Christie gesels, maar 101% was te besig om aanvalle te beplan om die groep op te breek. Met al die ge-"koek en tee" het ons toe klaargemaak in 'n stadige 2:28:48. Die hele A-groep en hulle troeteldiere was vinniger as ons...

Nou sien ek my tyd wys nie op CC nie...!

SUFFERED!!!  Not sure why, but it was like my legs never got out of bed.  Did is slow 15k warm up ride going there.  But when the A group took off, I just battled to stay there.about 15 kilos to the turn around point I decided to call it a day.  Slipping at a HR of about 170 simply was not going to do me any favours at this point.  Had to settle for a 2:34:12.

I agree with Sias. the vets 30+ was the most boring race I've ever ridden , I've had training rides that where harder than that.

Jip was quite a tough one, i started with the elites (because we ladies had to) but i managed to crack a 2:36, which probably aint that bad! smiley5.gif Wil net weet wie het die "fan" aangesit toe ons omdraai, dit was onnodig man!!!!! smiley17.gif

As a spectator at the race finish I witnessed no less than 7 Crashes at the end all due to the Organizers (ESP. the clown on the golf cart) and the CSA officials trying to wave down cyclist coming at them at speeds close to 50km ph.The CSA official that was knocked down by the vets cyclist was one of the main culprits not wanting to have the cones and barriers moved back of the tar.

Please explain the logic of using cones and barriers with protruding stabiliser bars on the tar when you have full road closure. Does not make sense to me at all.

Jason your bike handling skills are very good old chap you saved yourself some hospital time. There was at least 4 bad hospital cases at the end, starange but Microsoft came of worst with most of the accidents. The vet from Di data was not looking good at all, his leg seemed to be badly hurt,suspect Femur injury.

To the clown worried about his sponsors banners on the barriers, remember one thing bad publicity stays in one's memory for a long time and word of mouth spreads like hell fire, so think carefully before you become emotional and make rash statements like you did. 

Thanks chaps...

But wheelsucking for 97.3km's was the order of the day Embarrassed. I tried to get in a break a way with Peter-Lee, Konica and I think a chap from Colorpress, but that lasted maybe 1 minute just like most of the attacks on the day. In the begining Barend was closing all the attacks and riding real hard... I got tired just watching him. Spinnekop you also went on a few attacks, just a pity that crash half way back seperated the group... but maybe that was a sign of things to come. Seriously flat race... my poep-hol knyp al klaar vir die 94.7km... Sondag is dit k@kaaa tyd...

Well done to Chrissie, Lynette and Cherise. I must say I was riding behind Cherise a few times and her cadence was about 100 times more than Lance. Restricted gears must be tough and to place in the last few races is excellent! Well done Cherise! Clap

Well done to all and looks like it was another good weekend for the TCS tandems... Big%20smile

I agree with Sias. the vets 30+ was the most boring race I've ever ridden ' date=' I've had training rides that where harder than that. [/quote']

Power meter doesn't lie - average power for the Bakwena - 275 watts, average power for last weeks Engen training ride - 276 watts.  And I counted about 16 attacks in the last hour that I covered (Koos was keen to bridge across to the break)

Just a leg warmer for next week!!