What do you do with the medals?

Thyolo

I cherish every one. Made a rack and hung it in the study (it is packed away in our store now!!!!) The rack got heavy and fell off the wall in the middle of the night. Sounded like the end of the world..... I jumped out of bed grabbed the sawn off shotgun, M stood by to phone the cops..... the dogs went crazy and hoped they could bite on their first burglar only to find a heap of cycling medals on the floor. At least I reached HRMax in an incredibly short time!!!!!!!!

Got a shrine up in the garage......Embarrassed

Bikes' date=' Pics, Trophys, books, Medals.  The whole caboodle. 

Makes me remember the good and the bad times.   Learn a lot from history.......
[/quote']

Got to love the Spiderman.

Until my birthday this year I hung my medals on a hook in a cupboard. Then my wife snuck off and had a collection of them framed. It was really sweet and I must say it looks pretty cool hanging up there with the 2 or 3 other awards that I have.

P.S. Cost for a cloth badge: roughly R2. At say 1 000 riders = R2 000, a nice cash incentive/lucky draw prize. But you wouldn't believe the grumbling masses who complain when we decide to economise and they don't get a badge, medal, whatever. Not everybody is a "been there, done that" competitor.

Neither here nor there really apart from the specials like the Sabie Coaster,Magoebaskloof chunk of rockConfused and old ones that bring back memories ala Star 100 and Magoebaskloof ChallangeDead

My son would be devasted if he did not get a medal after a ride.I think there are lots of him out there.

One vast bunch hung on the study door handle.

Another vast bunch hung on the bedroom door handle.

A slightly less vast bunch hung on the side of Mrs Bikemonster's dressing table mirror.

Under the combined weight the house is slowly sinking...

Out of all my running medals, the only one I have framed with a couple of photos is the Comrades medal from 2003.

The only ones I cherish are all those obtained after completing a Marathon or an Ultra.

OK, so dit lyk my daar is nou konsensus.  Ons stuur al die medal freako cyclists om eers 'n marathon te gaan hardloop.  Na die marathon sal hulle dan genees wees van hulle funride medal needs.  Piece of cake.Big%20smile

I quite like the medalsEmbarrassed

Have loads of them in a heap in a corner of my bookshelf, although only have six that i actually won (3 for chess, 1 for Argus age cat.first place and 2 for other races - gold and silver) 

Going to paint my room in the next few weeks and then hang them all on the wall. Don't really know why i like them, but it's not for the memories! (the two smashed up frames that will be hanging next to them have more of a story behind that is far more memorableLOLEmbarrassed)

I actually don't know where any of my medals are.  I think they've all been thrown out, and that includes 2 Two Oceans and 2 Comrades and plenty plenty funride (world funride champs and such like included) and other running ones.

Basically, been there done that, don't need the t-shirt/medal/badge/whatever to show others.  I know what I've done and haven't done.

Francois' date=' you'll change your view next year at the end of march, that one you will frame.

Hoeveel geld sit jy op die weddenskap?[/quote']

Nah! Don't think so.  Believe me I will be extremely happy to finish and moerse proud of myself, but I don't frame things.  I ride for myself and just knowing that I finished and overcame obstacles to complete it will be enough for me.

As I have said before I know what I've done and haven't done, and hopefully by the end of March I can add a BIG event to what I have done and be proud of it, but I don't need a medal to tell me I have done it.  I know it and that's what counts for me.

Drink a beer and swop war stories - anytime!! Now just to get the training in, that's already one challenge Tongue  (just the rondloop part might worry me, after 8 days of riding, I might not be in the state for any rondloop LOL).