Ses fietsryers dam oupa by n? hy vir hull

Call Me Crazy

I say this as someone whose been cycling for 15 years. The cyclists I see on the roads are generally extremely arrogant!

They couldn't care less about moving out the way for traffic, they think they own the road, they can violate traffic laws at their will and no car has the right to hoot at them when they do.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this old man hooted at them or got aggresive.

BUT I'll bet more money on the fact that he got lip/attitude/obscenities thrown at him first.

I have hooted at cyclists, nonchalantly cycling 4 or 5 abreast in a single lane road and gotten heaps of attitude for it! Cyclists complain that cars don't wanna share the road with them.....they're just getting what they give!

If your attitude is of the above, you'll do the sport a favour by getting run over! Sorry for the cold comment, but that's my view!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe how deep the de-sensitizing of lawlessness had burrowed itself into our so called modern society. Even level thinking and slightly conservative guys like Cervelo are condoning assault, battery, lawlessness, vigilante action and barbaric behaviour as correct and acceptable. Look at what you people have become..... just as barbaric as the unwashed masses in our country. Wake up..... you are supposed to be civilised because you can afford and are mounting steeds every day that cost sometimes in excess of R70 000????? You do not want to be talked of in the same breath as violent prtesters, muggers, robbers and car hijackers......not even in the same context as TAXI DRIVERS!!!!!!!

Big%20smile

Still no matter what we say I agree with Oom H & yes I'd like to hear the "other side of the story" having had altercations with motorists myself..be that as it may these guys have further blackened our sport & we all are seen as arrogant violent types...even if some of us actually give way to motorists or obey all rules...

Phil said it last night on S/C...whatch out for motorists & take care...he also said obey the rules of the road...

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Skielik klink die woord "OUPA" meer sagter.

Dit was 'n motor bestuurder wat fietsryers geen kans gee om te ry op 'n openbare pad. Ja, 40 ryers is 'n groot bondel, sit hulle in 'n single lane en hulle ry 100m ver agtermekaar (lengte van die string)

Hoe dan, hoe lank voor iemand regs af kan draai , gaan daai motoris wag?

Nee, skielik is dit 'n OUPA, en almal is emotional upset.

***, Hy is 'n motoris en ons baklei gedurig om te oorleef, hoekom praat hulle van gietsryers en nie ook emosionele name soos "40 MAMMA'S, PAPPA'S en iemand se SEUN of Dogter"

Sorry, geen fietsryers is 'n maverick wat net iemand gaan staan en inwag en opdonner. Hy het sekerlik daarvoor gevra.

Die media het reeds besluit wie se saam hulle gaan fight, die f*@@#$n motoris s'n.

... since I'm a polite cyclist... Embarrassed

Push me once, and I tell you to stop it politely.

Push me twice, and I push you back and really tell you to stop it.

Push me three times, and I beat the unliving crap out of you.

Polite like that?Big%20smile

Push me once' date=' and I tell you to stop it politely.

[/quote']

Exactly like that! Wink

[/quote']

Exactly like that! Wink

But only if you are smaller than me?

I sorry.....maybe I missed something.....this is a one sided story.....and maybe this thread should not go through to 16 pages before we did not hear the WHOLE story?

In my 12 years that I have been cycling, not once did the guys (group of cyclists) get so aggrevated about a hooter that they went out to the guys working place to give him a beating.  Not ONCE!

The way it was handled was wrong.  True. 

If it was me, I would have kicked his car full of dents.....is that not why cycling shoes are made of carbon??

It is the law of nature....eat of be eaten....maybe these cyclist just did not felt like to be eaten....so instead they ate.......or something like that?!

[/quote']

Exactly like that! Wink

But only if you are smaller than me?

Nope, other way around, if you're smaller than me... Embarrassed

Somehow I find this VERY hard to believe. Here the innocent old man is driving to work, hoots once and politely drives past the cyclists - moving into the right hand lane to make sure he does not knock anyone over. The cyclist chase after him and (somehow) waits for him at work - guess it was a lucky guess that they knew where he works, and beats the living crap out of him. Come on people this does not sound right in anyway. I know we are living in a violent country but please - the old saying and scientific proof still exists "action causes reaction".

Even level thinking and slightly conservative guys like Cervelo

He has never been levelheaded!!!!!!!!!! smiley36.gif

Almal praat nou mooi en die waarheid.  But all I read on the way to work this morning on every second lamppost was the headline about the cyclists beating the crap out of this ou toppie.  No-one that reads this really cares to think about what has been said!!  All they see is the headline.

I think some of the views expressed here are appalling.Aggressiveness,violence and plain ignorance is unacceptable.

Cyclists are not the lilly white innocent individuals they like to paint themselves.There is a problem with respect to safe,courteous and accommodating use of public roads that has to be resolved and that all parties have to buy into.Poor behaviour is a step backwards,not forwards.

Spinnekop, hierdie ding het in BOKSBURG gebeur....... dit is NIE NODIG om die ander kant te hoor nie!!!!!!!! Hulle het hom heel moontlik met CHROME Kempekkernoglia kettings geslaan!!!!!!!

Somehow I find this VERY hard to believe. Here the innocent old man is driving to work' date=' hoots once and politely drives past the cyclists - moving into the right hand lane to make sure he does not knock anyone over. The cyclist chase after him and (somehow) waits for him at work - guess it was a lucky guess that they knew where he works, and beats the living crap out of him. Come on people this does not sound right in anyway. I know we are living in a violent country but please - the old saying and scientific proof still exists "action causes reaction". [/quote']

ClapClapClapWELL SAID!!ClapClapClap

If some how a motorist endangers my life intentionally ...I dont take that lightly either , and if its means a full confrontation on the side of the road ..well then so be it!!Confused 

Cyclists are not the lilly white innocent individuals they like to paint themselves.

Quite true, some of us are Coloured... Embarrassed