Road rage...

Mudsimus

What will you do when a motorist acts out his road rage on you...  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do when a motorist acts out his road rage on you...

• Keep it in and kick the dog
    • Show him the finger and go up the one way
    • Take out your wheel and beat the cr@p out of him
    • Plan a ambush with 10 of you fellow cycling buddies
    • Smile and wave....smile and wave

To quote my 4 heroes.....

"Just smile and wave boys.......SMILE AND WAVE....

http://www.zewebanim.com/images/madagascar-dreamworks-movie12g.jpg

i chose the closest to what i'd do... the usual would be/has been point out his/her exact legal status and offered to "beat the legal $%^&" outta him/her... but if anyone (motorists included) harms me physically (or makes it 100% clear that that is thier intention) i take NO responsibility for any self-defensive reaction if they don't stop when i tell them.

You guys have to see the reaction one gets when one starts to lick your fingers etc....etc.....etc.....much better reaction than the standard one finger solute!!  http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/naughty.gif

I will defend myself as long as I have control over my emotions. There's a lot of ways to physically restrain someone without hurting them excessively. 

I bought pepper spray the other day.

I am dying to spray it through some w*nker's window...

This morning, a fat cat in his 7 series BMW tried to polish his pasenger door mirror on my shorts. Pity the next traffic light was green...

Smile and wave is really the only option, for more reasons than I have the patience to point out.

The bravado (dying to spray pepper spray through some wnaker's window, no responsibility for self-defensive reaction etc.) are going to be REALLY handy against 1,500+ kg of fast moving steel, glass and plastic.

Like somebody posted yesterday in the thread about the oupa who got thumped by a bunch of cyclists, you can choose to either make the situation better or worse.  Those of us who have kids tell them that aggression does not solve anything, and usually makes unpleasant situations worse.

Play nicely kids!

i chose the closest to what i'd do... the usual would be/has been point out his/her exact legal status and offered to "beat the legal $%^&" outta him/her... but if anyone (motorists included) harms me physically (or makes it 100% clear that that is thier intention) i take NO responsibility for any self-defensive reaction if they don't stop when i tell them.

He, he, I've got this image of you verbally abusing a 120kg bakkie driver who is twice your height, heheh

I really am all talk and no action. My pepper spray is token effort in self defence (against dodgy characters in the dark) and I hope never to use it. I am more likely to spray myself in the eye anyway... Ouch

Using my pepper spray on agressive drivers is more a scenario I play out in the darker recesses of my mind when my adrenalin is really pumping. Evil%20Smile

To react violently towards someone who is already revved up is asking for more trouble.

I agree with you Bikemonster, Play nicely! Hug

There's a double edge to the 'smile and wave' approach.

Take the example of a motorist who hoots behind you.  He may be being an asrehole, or he may be giving you a warning that he is there.

You smile and wave as he goes past.

If he is giving you a warning of his presence, you have just acknowledged it graciously.

If he is being an asrehole, you score the kharma points and he is very unlikely to stop and take out the hockey stick.

On the other hand, if you flip the bird, the guy who was trying to do the right thing thinks "Phuck you bud!" and the guy who was being an asrehole is more likely to pull out that hockey stick.

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

...'cos "cute and cuddly" is pushing it just a bit too far!

Well i do carry a pick handle with me in my car (most people in Boksburg do), but thats more reserved for mini bus taxis. Never had to use it but would have been sorely tempted if i saw 4 guys beating an oomie and shoving a lady around.

gummy, don't think i haven't done that (just it was me driving a vw citi golf vs drunken 4x4 ford driver - pointed out the entire legal situation and consequences if he proceeded

bikemonster, i don't think anyone is talking about how they react to a hoot... i appreciate it and DO smile and wave and thank drivers who let me know where they are and what their intentions are. i do NOT roll over be it on my bike, in my car or on foot if someone endangers my life or other people's lives. i HAVE succesfully made a taxi lose it's front passenger side wheel... if i had slammed anchors to let him in then the car busy tailgating me would've connected the back of my car, etc. i could not swerve to the right because of oncomming traffic. i chose to deliberately continue straight and looked the #$%^&* in the face and smiled. when he realised i was not going to cave he continued straight... into the pavement. and yes, i smailed and waved.... and all the occupants of other cars around who saw it were killing themselves with laughter

Attie ,tell them exactly how hard you have to throw a water bottle to brake a Landrovers windscreen?Man that was the best water bottle throw I have seen up to date!!Clap