Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Massively underrated band this.

I would not call the Cure underrated though....they had huge commercial success

I would not call the Cure underrated though....they had huge commercial success

And that is exactly what makes them an underrated band.

People will remember them for a few hits, when in actual fact they have a plethora of great songs, same as Talk Talk.

And that is exactly what makes them an underrated band.

People will remember them for a few hits, when in actual fact they have a plethora of great songs, same as Talk Talk.

ok - i agree with that.... their most popular album is that greatest hits one...and yet brilliant albums like kiss me x3 get ignored

ok - i agree with that.... their most popular album is that greatest hits one...and yet brilliant albums like kiss me x3 get ignored

Many bands out there in the same boat, the problem with commercial success is that the bands of get seen as one hit or two hit wonders.

For me the most shining example of the most underrated musician today has to be Jack White, and he will always just be remembered by most for Seven Nation Army.

Let's take Springsteen as an example, ask anyone why they like the boss, why they are going to the concert, I can assure you the comments will be heavily laced with Born in the USA and Dancing in the dark, yet there is so much talent and great works from that man that many people have actually never really experienced .

What gets my goat however is when a great non commercial success like Death Cab for Cutie goes and sells out.

Many bands out there in the same boat, the problem with commercial success is that the bands of get seen as one hit or two hit wonders.

For me the most shining example of the most underrated musician today has to be Jack White, and he will always just be remembered by most for Seven Nation Army.

Let's take Springsteen as an example, ask anyone why they like the boss, why they are going to the concert, I can assure you the comments will be heavily laced with Born in the USA and Dancing in the dark, yet there is so much talent and great works from that man that many people have actually never really experienced .

What gets my goat however is when a great non commercial success like Death Cab for Cutie goes and sells out.

it was all that chick with the bangs fault...zooey deschanel