Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

New single from James, first in 6 years. Cracking video and awesome track.

Stunning. Circle of life for adults

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to watch Arno carstens and Francois van coke tonight do 20 years of SA rock,

This bought back some great memories.

dude! this and "the unguarded moment" are both part of the soundtrack of my life. Australia produced a plethora of great artists and bands in the 80's... the church, The Go Betweens, The Triffids, The Birthday Party.....which of course became Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds...Great Stuff!

dude! this and "the unguarded moment" are both part of the soundtrack of my life. Australia produced a plethora of great artists and bands in the 80's... the church, The Go Betweens, The Triffids, The Birthday Party.....which of course became Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds...Great Stuff!

When Starfish was released I listened to it non stop for quite a while, with this one of my favourite tracks at the time. There were quite a few Aussie bands around in the 80's ... Midnight Oil :-)

I found a remastered version of Starfish the other day, so went on a nostalgia trip this morning with it.

Love this song ... always gets the foot tapping ... and strangely makes me want to go have a good shot of Vodka :ph34r:

Ah, a better version of Cambodia.. I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cNUNZVWF3M

Sometimes the original song should never be tampered with.

This is a prime example of that.

I know all our tastes differ.

Another few flops is Cher doing Marc Chon's Walking in Memphis and Birdy doing Bon Iver's Skinny love.

Some songs should just stay what they are.

I like remakes like these and often they breathe new life in to a song and in some cases even better than the original.

I think this is better than the original.

This is one of those where the original will always be the original, but a damn decent job was done with the remake.