Something you dont see..

fatcyclist

...often on a training ride. Commuting to work this morning I hook up with a friend (Ian McGregor), and in Bantry Bay we see this!!!

20061214_004020_14-12-06_0603.jpg

20061214_004102_14-12-06_0602.jpg

A very nice shiny and way expensive Ferrari...not going fast anymore...LOL

I wonder what his insurance company is going to say Confused

Eina.  Ek sal begin huil en nie ophou nie.  Wonder of Ferrari weer een vir hom gaan toestaan?

I Googled a bit, and it looks like this was a F430. It's a V8, and capable of doing around 300km/h. The base price listing starts at $168 000, so if you do a quick bit of math you're looking at a cool R1 200 000 for it (roughly)...

popeye, no...look at the part where Ian's handlebar is. That air vent fits the 430 more than the 360. The 360 vent is much more 'stretched'...

I Googled a bit' date=' and it looks like this was a F430. It's a V8, and capable of doing around 300km/h. The base price listing starts at $168 000, so if you do a quick bit of math you're looking at a cool R1 200 000 for it (roughly)... [/quote']

Actually, these start at R2.2mill in SA. This one seems to have a couple of extras.

Like that yellow badge on the front fender which costs an extra 8 or 9 k

Also, his brake calipers are painted optional red(not standard silver) which is also 8-9k extra.

If the owner ordered those, then no doubt he also went for the optional yellow(standard is red) rev counter which is, you guessed it, 8-9 k extra.

Welcome the the Ferrari Marketing Machine!!!!

Maybe then he also ordered the optional carbon ceramic brake discs which will add about 200 k to the price.....niiiice

How about the F1 transmission.....another 100 k

And then the d@@s goes and does this to it!Cry

Thats definitely an F430. Theres one for sale at Ashleys for 3 million. In fact' date=' it might even be the same car since there are only a handfull in sa.

Heres the link to the car for sale:
http://www.ashleys.co.za/vehicle_details.asp?VehicleId=636
[/quote']

You're right....definitely an F430.

The reason Ashley's charges more is cos you can drive it of the floor the same day. At Viglietti you'll pay significantly less, but you'll have to sit on a waiting list for 2 years!