VA spinning instructors

zeepee

What knobs they are.

Last night i went to Virgin Active sunninghill to do the 17h30 spinning class. I was there at 5 and thought seeing as the class thats busy currently is half empty, I'd sneak in and get 20mins extra training in.

As i walked into the class the instructor turned the music off and screamed at me over the mic to get out off his class. I couldnt believe it, I've been a member at VA for 8-9 years and have done 100s of spinning classes and done this many times without being treated like a dog.

I'm so gatvol of these instructors with this chip on their shoulders, I've been going to less and less classes just because of this.

Sir i hope you read this, but i seriously doubt it as you are old and overweight and i cannot imagine that you actually ever get onto a real bicycle. If you do read this, maybe you should start treating people in the gym like clients. You never know, you might actually fill up a class once in a while.

(and to VA do us all a favour and get more real cyclists to instruct the spinning classes)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha ha, I'm sure that'll get his attention.

You think they will give me a ticket on Virgin Galactic as compensation?

thats ridiculous.....VA seems to have no control over classes....ppl usually come and go as they please.... and the instructors are pathetic. I went to a class  a few weeks ago where all the instructors cd's were so scratched he could only play about 1.5minutes of one song....over and over.....

I'm an instructor in Grahamstown at our university gym....and even tho we're all students running the gym...professionalsism is ten times better than VA.

we offer more classes per day than VA.... No one is allowed to leave our classes early, or arrive late. We may only have twenty bikes, but very rarely have less than 15 people in a class ( remember these are students). all our classes incorporate a proper warm up and cool down and a stretch.

and we have a room full of LeMond revmaster spinning bikes.... not bad for a student run organisation?

So tell me, if we can do this, what the hell is VA's excuse for having underqualified, overweight instructors who have sh*t music and no idea what they doing?

oh ya....we also only charge R200 for an entire years membership.........

No one is allowed to leave our classes early' date=' or arrive late. [/quote']

Is'nt that what the VA guy was going on about Confused

many trainers think they're a special breed and can treat people how they want cause they think they know something about training, but infact iv seen many trainers who know nothing yet they still getting paid for it!! It seems any one can become a trainer ( or for an extra chip on the shoulder...a 'personal trainer')

No one is allowed to leave our classes early' date=' or arrive late. [/quote']

Is'nt that what the VA guy was going on about Confused

this is true....but what i'm saying is that half the time they dont seem to care. people usually come and go as they please....no regard for warm up or cool down. this instructor had the right idea, but the next one probably wouldnt have minded....

no consistency

I have also had that expirience, some blond bimbo instructor told me to get out of her class because I didnt warm up with her. I told her to take a close look at the sweat dripping from my clearly warmed up body, told her that I am an expirenced cyclist and know what I am doing. SHe didnt give a damn, I had to leave. I was seriosly hacked off.

Everytime i sit in a spinning class i think of that Toyota Corrola ad, where the skinny black dude goes to the spinning class with the flames on the roof and the demon instructor barking at them....LOL

I am a qualified spinning instructor but never got to present classes.  But the first thing they drilled into us when I did my course was that you as an instructor is only a guide to an exercise.  The people in the class do not have to follow you.  They might have come there with specific training objectives.  If it is a good spinning instructor he will motivate you to participate be involving you in the class and playing proper music.

At the VA club in Pretoria (Groenkloof) you will not experience something like that at all.  Alhough lately it seems like they might have a shortage of spinning instructors becuase we have been getting in weird and wonderfull characters from different parts of Gauteng to stand in.

Maybe I should put my name up to become an instructor there.