Want to lose some extra kilo's

One of my friends said the easiest way to lose weight is to not eat breakfast' date=' go out for a really easy 1-2 hour morning ride with only water and then afterwards eat a banana. I'm trying it and think it's working!

[/quote']

no breakfast are you crazy? I wouldnt be able to justify getting out of bed.

Some say i am...LOLEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

But hey, it works for him, and so far it works for me, just don't ride hard!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard eating within the first hour was the best thing to do in order not to pick up weight, cause your body uses the food to replace what it has used?????

It's not that simple as calories in vs calories out thing. I proved that last year!!

It's what you eat, when you eat it linked with exercise etc etc.

Not so simple otherwise I would have the perfect figure and unfortunately I'm far from it Unhappy

And skipping breakfast makes you eat more trash during the day, especially if you train in the morning.

Try again....Wink and keep in mind it needs to be sustainable.

Now you have the joys of the cycling community, we don't know what works but we sure as hell are willing tell you what doesn't!

So far it seems one person say one thing and the other say the exact

opposite!Confused

Isn't that what mostly happens on the Hub?Wink

Now you have the joys of the cycling community' date=' we don't know what works but we sure as hell are willing tell you what doesn't!

[/quote']

ClapLOL

ok the short answer is,  go for as many hours as you have/can bear/will be domestically allowed without removal of conjugal or credit card rights.

See my previous postings on fat oxidation, but for highest rate of fat oxidation, ride at steady 70-75, even 80 % mhr. Do that 20-25 h/week nd see what happens..

Do consecutive days so that you ride in muscle glycogen depleted state and burn more fat, but still take 50 g carbs per hour form the start of exercise. If you skip brekkers and ride an hour without any carbs you'll burn a few grams more fat, whoopee, rather have brekkers and be a friendlier person.

Mix it up so you dont die of boredom, so throw in a hilly ride and a fast tempo ride (80-85 % mhr) per week as well.

ok the short answer is' date='  go for as many hours as you have/can bear/will be domestically allowed without removal of conjugal or credit card rights.

See my previous postings on fat oxidation, but for highest rate of fat oxidation, ride at steady 70-75, even 80 % mhr. Do that 20-25 h/week nd see what happens..

Do consecutive days so that you ride in muscle glycogen depleted state and burn more fat, but still take 50 g carbs per hour form the start of exercise. If you skip brekkers and ride an hour without any carbs you'll burn a few grams more fat, whoopee, rather have brekkers and be a friendlier person.

Mix it up so you dont die of boredom, so throw in a hilly ride and a fast tempo ride (80-85 % mhr) per week as well.
[/quote']

So this means my 60% HR is to low for the long rides?Cry

Hey AuctionL .......riding helps, but its all about what you eat......and ive seen it happen......your diet is:  20% training and 80% what you eat......xx-xx

if 60 % is the upper limit of what you can do for long rides, that fine - there's always going to be a tradeoff between intensity and distance - but you're not going to get the greatest fatloss that way, unless you really do ride 25 h + per week. plus you wont get any faster, so 60 % is a bust - unless your fitness, like mine, means that more than that means knit one skip one.

lets look at my diet today... muesli breakfast in the morning (milk, oats, muesly, nuts, banana)...green tea...fruit salad for lunch + some almonds...rooibos tea... 1pm pear... green tea...3pm red apple..rooibos tea... tonight some pasta with fresh tomato, avacado and tuna...tomorrow morning get up early and ride balls to the wall Tongue ... trust me dude you will loose a lot of weight this way...and struggle for energy in the process...

was it you i saw this am doing chappies route ...????
Can't be me...I broke a pedal this morning and had to limp to work, and going to have fun trying to get home Confused