Wearing a Helmet

The Saint

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little message................ I recently spent nearly ten days in a coma after banging my head in a car crash, I'll never ride without a helmet.

now when will they make wearing helmets in a car compulsory?

They would never do that, how would the girls comb their hair, do the make up and talk on the cell phone all at the same time.

Just a little message................ I recently spent nearly ten days in a coma after banging my head in a car crash' date=' I'll never ride without a helmet.

now when will they make wearing helmets in a car compulsory?
[/quote']

Steve, not to mock you but it would really look funny if we start wearing helmets in the car.

They would never do that' date=' how would the girls comb their hair, do the make up and talk on the cell phone all at the same time.[/quote']

Girls and the hair.... LOL

I think a good way to get guys to wear helmets on club rides is the fine for not wearing one is the "NON WEARER" has to buy coffee for everybody present after the ride!!!

Hmm refreshing to see how the relative newbies post "new" topics Wink

No offence meant - this is a valid point which has been discussed a few times before

So what if its been discussed before, they can discuss it again if they want to!!! Maybe something new comes out this time around!

So what if its been discussed before' date=' they can discuss it again if they want to!!! Maybe something new comes out this time around![/quote']

Grapkas, kalmeer jy gaan nou `n aar in jou kop barsWink

So what if its been discussed before' date=' they can discuss it again if they want to!!! Maybe something new comes out this time around![/quote']

Kalm bly bitte - I never said that they could not discuss it...

Arent you supposed to be on holiday and a bit more relaxed?

Leaving for Balito on Saturday!! I have to admit i am close to the edge!! Been having serious rage issues the past few days!

Leaving for Balito on Saturday!! I have to admit i am close to the edge!! Been having serious rage issues the past few days!

Haven't you just got back from a holiday? Maybe it should have been longer Wink.

must be that helmet you wore that was making you irritable..

dunno if this is old news to y'all, but a study was done (cited on cyclingnews bout 2 mo back) which showed motorists gave helmetless cyclists and women (helmet or no) more passing room - which proves conclusively that wimmin are worse cyclists! aahh, gotta love logic..

swiss van what are the traffic regulations for cyclists there in heidi and peter  country ? I read your post about the chap who got wrapped on the knckles for not stopping at a pedestrian crossing. How do they view the issue of cyclists with out helmets or is it not an issue ?

I had a fall in June and if it was not for my cheap Pick N Pay special I would not be here today have since got myself a more expensive helmet which has a return policy whereby if you return the damaged helmet you get discount on a new one.