• Have 'em and love 'em
    • Hate 'em
    • I have a 29'er so my opinion doesn't count

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeeeehhhhhhhm yes all my comments have been based on fork lockout not shock! Never locked the Stumpy's shock out, it did have 'propedal' though! Is that also 'lockout'? It still bobbed though!

Ok I'll give it a go tomorrow. Let you know Monday how it was, riding all sorts tomorrow. First some technical singletrack with hard ups and some tricky downs then rutted bumpy jeep track then decent jeep track up and down and finally a wide open sand road with lots of 'corrugations'. A good test me thinks!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm outta here, have a good weekend all.

I didn't get any green & gold clothing! I had no recognition from the local mtb authorities because 24 hour racing isn't actually a sport.
We'll give you beer' date=' and get SARA & Jellytot naked WinkThumbs%20Up[/quote']

Sold! (am I allowed to be naked too?)

SARA, don't know about you but apparently they think ductape and zip ties can get one naked...yeah right! LOLLOLLOL

hmm ductape and zip ties.....hmmm.

let me think.

Unfortunately not' date=' just compression damping (lockout) and rebound. Not remote either![/quote']

If it's still bobbing then you can cure that by slowing down the rebound.

Hi

On the bike bar ends are good for out-the-saddle climbs, long open sections and geting more aero, also for tired hands on super-long rides.

Off the bike the're good for airing gloves and hanging helmets.

Tip: If you see the crash coming or feel you might hook onto something, immediately grab the bar ends (assuming you're not already in this position) covering the leading edge with your hand and push out your elbows. A scrape on the hand or arm is likely to be easier to fix than should you crash. This type of evasive action as saved me on occasion. This could be especially useful when passing saplings in a forested area.

Bar ends are in my opinion worth their weight. Mine of course weigh less than 100g. Smile Scott shorties. Take them if you can find them!

MichH - just saw your post 'where did you ride' !!! Sorry bit busy, work and all that!

Rode through the Rietveli Zoo farm (some technical single track and tricky up and down) then through the Hills behind Meyersdal Zenex (won't be there long, fences erecting etc. but nice hard loose up and then an extremely exciting longish rocky down)  then off to the blockhouse and back (same route we rode part of once with you!) and back through the zoo farm again just for fun!

Will be riding the 1st provincial at Phambili this Sunday can't wait, first race since Sabie Exeperience, need to use the silver bullet in anger!

Enjoy BigBen! I'm starting to coordinate a 3-4 hour on Sunday morning at 7am, need the miles

7am is too late for me, gotta be out there by 5am else I get home to late and am not able to put in that quality family time my missus requires!

Not valid on race weekends of course!

And 5:30 AM Sunday! We had ridden about 70k's already when we saw you!

Been doin it for years, no big deal anymore, bit tough though to get the nipper up!