Challenging but safe route wanted in Pta

Wolverine' date=' are you looking for Alt gain (hills) or all over training?  Fast Downhills dodging cars trucks and busses or no / low traffic?[/quote']

All over training, was hit by cars twice in 06 so I've got the dodging thing down to fine art, like to do hills because I weigh 100kgs so it will remain an eternal struggle to surprise smaller guys on the uphills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Confused Safe road route ? There is no such thing .

You can ride any route to make is challenging and to make it safe in Pretoria you just have to wear a bulletproof vest......you will be fine!Wink

Battling to get one in club colours

How about.....

Out with old Brits road heading West.  Over Horns nek.  On the N4 toll road.  Out to Saartjies.  Over Silkaats.  Back over Kommando.  Head out to Hekpoort and back on the old N4.  Should give you some decent climbing? Big%20smile

Damn right, should push the old heart rate into the red, sounds a lot like Dischem which nearly made the ticker attack me, or it felt like it at any rate

Will check into my route.  Cat-i asked me the route as well...  Not that much traffic.  One 3.5% climb of 3 km and one 5.0% of 1 km.

There is a group ride every week-end from Karsten Cycles.  Take N1, Zambezi off, right, just over second robot, center on left

Start times 06h00 every Saturday, unless there's a race on in Pta and 06h00 on Sundays.  The routes that they do are often challenging.  Phone them on 012-808 1880

"Die moeilikheids graad van enige bult is direk eweredig aan die spoed waarteen jy daar uitgaan"

"Die moeilikheids graad van enige bult is direk eweredig aan die spoed waarteen jy daar uitgaan"

Geen wonder ek het nou die dag 'n 7.5% gekry nie.  En dan ook daai 9...

20min WU, Hans Strydom up, HS down, HS up, HS down, HS up, HS down ... you get the picture? If you get to under 6 mins from robot to robot (2km) @ 80% HR for all the repeats you need not fear anyone on this forum.

I take it form the bottom robot. At delphi.  I stay in Delphi road.

I will give it a go, and see if I can make 7 min, but remember, this is with a old Gary Fisher Marlin....  Without lockout.

there are also a few options once you get to the bapsfontein 4 way stop.  makes a change from the lynnwood/garsfontein road alternative.  at least the shoulder from moreleta park to the 4 way stop is wide.

But won't you get tired from doing that all the time ?

Tired.....yes...

STRONG......YES!

If you want to play with the big dogs, don't piss like a puppy.......http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/naughty.gif
(Ou groot bek....http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/shog.gif)

Okay.  What about cycling to Bronkhostspruit, stopping at the Wimpy (when it opens) and ridding back.  When I managed the Wimpy there there was a lot of blokes cycling there on a Suday and then heading back.  Sounds like fun hey?

Why not ... always nice to have a benchmark to measure yourself against.

Shall we say Hans Strydom from the Menlyn robot to the robot at the top? Its almost exactly 2km so a nice round number and a perfect distance for a short but hard tempo ride. I normally do at least 3 repeats.

Hel.....hoeveel robotte is daar????  http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

Straatname mense.....Straatname.....