Mind your own Business

longweasel

I have been thinking about creating this thread for a while. I left it and thought it was just me. However another hubber phoned and had the same feelings. so here goes.

With all due respect to those in the know, those that have experience and those that simply should be respected for what they do and have done for cycling. There seems to be a crowd who simply cant mind there own business. I have seen a few threads of late where people post replies to sales without thinking about what the consequences will be. Yes people are free to express there opinions but should stop trying to speak for everyone or negatively affect a sale. Surely if you think somebody is asking too much you could PM them or state your concerns in a positive way. The forums are there to ensure fair practice, not too get dragged into long debates over the price of something or whether something is good or bad. Many hubbers use other threads to do there research to find out the truth about a bike or product.

I suggest we have something like

MYOB

Mind Your Own Business

If you feel somebody is unfairly interfering in your business you could post MYOB and everyone would be aware that you feel that they are interfering and thus reduce people posting destructive comments.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

Great idea. To buyers it's a big schlep reading tons of "that product is badly worn, you won't sell it" etc etc comments, when all you're looking for is more info re the product. If it's too pricey/worn to your liking, simply ignore the sale

Hey LW..... I understand what you say and am all with you..... but everyone has there right to say what they want....

And soon you going to be told to not moan like Oom H.....

my 2c worth....

But  thanks

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

mtbking812008-11-11 00:05:41

I have, on 2 occassions posted something similar in the past and I was shot down from all quarters.

often these negative remarks can totally ruin a guy's sale. There is nothing more annoying when somebody advertises a product, then some hubber comes along and says the product is too expensive. Even when there is genuine interest from someone else.

If a hubber really needs to offer guidance to a seller, then at least send a PM.

I think the idea is that you wouldn't want people walking up to you while buying a car and saying hey I think that car is rubbish. Yes I am all for making an informed decision. Problem is people's perspectives are subjective to there experience. So when they have a bad experience with something they say its rubbish. However others might have a good experience with the same product. The same I suppose is true for everything in life. My concern is there is a time and place for everything, and its not in front of the car salesman.

smiley1.gif

Hey LW..... I understand what you say and am all with you..... but everyone has there right to say what they want....

And soon you going to be told to not moan like Oom H.....

my 2c worth....

But  thanks

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Sorry mtbking81, I dont think that is worth 2c, I can get the same oppinion on CWC or Chainreaction for only 1.75c including vat, but excluding .1c for shipping, so you are a rip off. Is your 2c worth shimano or campy compatible? oh and post a couch pic. I offer you 1.5c take it or leave it

I wil most probably get flamed for this but here goes.

Some of us have been cycling for years and know what spares / parts cost.

Some people are here just to sell a bike or parts of it, for the same price what they paid for.  Then someone will comment about it being to much or overpriced.   With this I do not have a problem

BUT  some people just log on to troll or to disrupt someones thread.  Either to up their post count or to see if they can get the frame for next to nothing   THIS IS WRONG.  If you cannot afford it, do not give a laughable price to see if the seller bites, or accepts.

Someone tried to sell a set of Campy Ergo levers for an elevated price.  I commented that it was to much and got flamed for it,  even attacked.   Bought a nice set off the hub and fitted it to the ball and chains bike.  Had the first seller accepted the price the money would now be his.

But to troll and attack someone because you want the parts and are not prepared to pay a market related price is JUST WRONG

My R 0.50 c worth

Allow me to play devils advocate:

Surely if you put something out there in the public domain, be it your ideas, something for sale, pictures of your mom etc, people have the right to comment and give their fair opinion? It is public domain after all?

Devils advocate mode off.

What really grates me is when someone posts an item for sale, and some dude with 2 posts will make him an offer for half of what the asking price is! Angry Use a PM you idiots!

Dirty Twin thats exactly what I am talking about. Sure express your opinion.But think of the consequences. Please don't be offended,but sometimes comments like that have unintended consequences.

Why don't we just censor everything so nobody can say anything? That would ensure that no-one is ever offended by anything. It will of course also mean that there is no longer a forum.

Reductio ad absurdum, sure, but that is the inevitable extension of the concept.

Why don't we just censor everything so nobody can say anything? That would ensure that no-one is ever offended by anything. It will of course also mean that there is no longer a forum.

Reductio ad absurdum' date=' sure, but that is the inevitable extension of the concept.
[/quote']

.....eish great minds..!!!Clap