Hit & run in Simonstown, Witnesses needed

protester

Less talk' date=' more action, I agree.

If Pedalpower will hire a hotshot lawyer to have this guy pursued with the full weight of the law, I will contribute now.

They can call me for a R5000 contribution today. This is a real offer. ( my superlight climbing wheels can wait).

They put him in jail for 20 years, They can have another R5000 bonus.

You have my contact details pedalpower. ( Check your database under id PS0826023).  Its time we acted as a community.

Im sure others feel similarly.
[/quote'] Whilst I agree 100% I believe that it is not allowed in SA law to fund a 3rd party suit?? Can someone of legal background confirm/reject??

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pedalpower will hire a hotshot lawyer to have this guy pursued with the full weight of the law, I will contribute now.

They can call me for a R5000 contribution today. This is a real offer. ( my superlight climbing wheels can wait).

You have my contact details pedalpower. ( Check your database under id PS0826023).  Its time we acted as a community.

[/quote'] Whilst I agree 100% I believe that it is not allowed in SA law to fund a 3rd party suit?? Can someone of legal background confirm/reject??

what about the suckers that formed the zuma legal fund or something?

Good point! I think it may have something to do with initiating litigation versus defence actions?! Will look into it!!

[/quote'] Well said mate;with regard to previous post "what diiference would it make to raise a fund"you are obviously a male and could not imagine what it would be like to be a mother in S.A. ,with children trying to cope ,with no husband ,when the insurance money runs out ;get FU---ING real; I appologise for language;but i am a real man and have respect for women ;considering the challenges they have in S.A. mannic

Okay' date=' we are all disgusted now lets do something about this, it could have been any one of us.

A court protest and a Cycale lab initiated family fund should be minimum and those that witnessed please get hold of Detective Fouche (above).

Anyone know the court date to arrange mass action and can someone from Cyclelab management indicate if they will set up and administer a fund?
[/quote'] Good;any ideas Gary?I would donate immediately this is NOT charity we must look after our own.I will not make it to the church;my best wishes to wife and familly. mannic

I don't want to stirr (!!) but what would a fund do for the family?  (Unless they need help with legal fees to lock the wanker car driver up, which isn't the case yet)
You are obviously a male;have you any idea what it could be like for a woman and her familly to cope after losing their breadwinner when the insurance money runs out??? get real. mannicmannic2008-11-19 12:53:58

I will match the offer of IrishJ9 . As well as the bonus that he has offered . Come on all you other cyclists out there with the fancy bikes .

I will match the offer of IrishJ9 . As well as the bonus that he has offered . Come on all you other cyclists out there with the fancy bikes .

I am in

PM me

From an article in the argus today!!!!

A measly R2000 bail for taking someones lifeAngry

"The man who allegedly ran down and killed Attwood was released on R2 000 bail this week and is expected to appear in the Simon's Town Magistrates Court again on January 30.

Haywood encouraged cyclists to attend the court proceedings and to stand in unity outside the courthouse in respect of Attwood.

"We would also like to see the accused being given a harsh punishment if the court finds that he was negligent," he said."

Quayum,....never mind.

Thanks to LAtrinus Emmer, he attended the funeral. Good on you mate, YOu;ve earned my respect. Did not see any PPA people there.

There is a lot more info on the incident available now. Seems the little **** is going to get whats coming to him.

30th JAn is the date for court hearing so lets keep this alive and turn up in numbers greater than I can count on my finger and toes.

Not only will the family appreciate it but this is for our community.

How about everyone that will be at the court house donate R50 on arrival and then we can hand this over to the family?

I know every little cent will count by then as there will be no monthly income from the husband......

How do you all feel about it?

Quayum' date='....never mind.

Thanks to LAtrinus Emmer, he attended the funeral. Good on you mate, YOu;ve earned my respect. Did not see any PPA people there.

There is a lot more info on the incident available now. Seems the little **** is going to get whats coming to him.

30th JAn is the date for court hearing so lets keep this alive and turn up in numbers greater than I can count on my finger and toes.

Not only will the family appreciate it but this is for our community.
[/quote']

Sorry I missed you GoLefty, I needed to rush back to the office. Yes, I have to agree with you,  NO PPA committee members present

i will put in a day's leave on 30 jan to be there.

i further suggest we all write an e-mail / letter to ppa urging them to become involved in this "safe cycling initiative"

from their website: "It [PPA] is also involved with various safe cycling initiatives."