• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope he gets crabs and his fingers turn into fish hooks

this is utterly disgusting i am saddened by this

Chris Rip and my sincerest condolences to the family

With the traffic surveilance systems we have, the SAP will find this guy before the end of the day. The only sad thing about it is, his attorney will probably get him off. An example needs to be made of this guy. The justice system needs to put across a message that its not acceptable to run down cyclist. A partition needs to be drawn up.

Chris RIP. my condolences to the Family.

I cycled past the accident scene this morning with the Cyclelab club ride.  Truly shocking to see a cylist lying on the side of the road with a blanket over his head.  My heart goes out to his family and please spread the news so that this criminal can be brought to justice.  If anyone knows Chris's family, it would be great to see if we can be of any help to them.

Tragic and shocking news. RIP.

I ride on my own often against my wifes wishes.  This morning she saw a guy almost getting wiped out. A driver overtook the cyclist and turned left into a driveway. No indicator etc etc.  She moaned at me again about cycling solo and now this.  Unfortunately it seems that this incident was going to happen whether it was a group or not.

We stay in Hout Bay and when chappies is open I often ride towards Simonstown. This is the second fatal hit and run in this general area in a year (maybe 18 months) and unfortunately as much as I love to ride solo this is my public commitment to my wife and family to ride with a friend.

Condolences to Chris' family and friends and may you find comfort in this difficult time.

JimmyB, visibility is one of the big benefits of riding in a group.  The others are friendship and backup.  We ride through HB Tuesday & Thursday in the early mornings and there always seem to be riders there.  I am sure you will be able to find a group in your area. 

RIP Chris - There but for the grace of God go I...

Chris was an awsome dude, such a friendly guy and always a cheery face at the races and out training.  Truly a sad day for cycling.

Chris Attridge was a fantastic bloke. Until a few years ago we trained in the same group of riders. The riders who found him this morning were all part of that training group but he was not riding with them this morning.

It's a sad day, and our thought are with his family.

When the driver is found, they betterkeep him in jail....