Nashua Cycling Team?

snapshot

Owen.....

I could not agree more....

Here you have a bunch of people runnun down a girl because she actually has tallent. If ANYof the other girls had her gift , they would be given the oppurtunity . 

Jenny Longo was 45 and still winning major races because her TEAM worked for HER.

Imagine how John Smit would have done at the world cup of rugby last year if he was alone on the field.....

Most of you just get on yr bikes and ride them....And will never experience the feeling of satisfaction of winning...

At the top level of our wonderful sport it is all about team tactis.....If Anriette wins.....That means her team wins.....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so not wanting to pass judgement on the team or it's members (and no I have never ridden for a team) I just wonder .......

Surely if someone joins the team knowing the environment everyone describes that they will be expected to ride for a specific rider (and it seems that is for sure no secret) are they not accepting of this fact?

Or is it a case that they are willing to grab at any opportunity to get a contract to ride for a team due to the fact that these do not often become available.........

She is good (Joann)' date=' but not on that team, she will never get to show her potential, when u ride with Anriette, u ride for her.

Even if its a new sponsor, new bikes etc, its still the same, Robyn is going to be stuck under Anriettes shadow, all the riders in the Nashua team are great riders, but the politics will be the same. Ask why so many other lady riders have ridden only 1 year with Anriette ??? and gone on to win other races once off her team.....
[/quote']

LOL Your name suits you. You must be a South African. Run something down and you have no facts.

Why dont you start your own team and get Jo and Robyn to ride for you ?

Owen, how did your Bulkmeat team do on the weekend?

I dont know, they did not need my services this weekend. Jock rode Elites. I was with the Proline Team at the 94.7.

She is good (Joann)' date=' but not on that team, she will never get to show her potential, when u ride with Anriette, u ride for her.

Even if its a new sponsor, new bikes etc, its still the same, Robyn is going to be stuck under Anriettes shadow, all the riders in the Nashua team are great riders, but the politics will be the same. Ask why so many other lady riders have ridden only 1 year with Anriette ??? and gone on to win other races once off her team.....
[/quote']

LOL Your name suits you. You must be a South African. Run something down and you have no facts.

Why dont you start your own team and get Jo and Robyn to ride for you ?

Owen, how did your Bulkmeat team do on the weekend?

I dont know, they did not need my services this weekend. Jock rode Elites. I was with the Proline Team at the 94.7.

Cool....Well good luck and enjoy!!!!
shadowchaser-d2008-11-17 09:28:59

Ok so not wanting to pass judgement on the team or it's members (and no I have never ridden for a team) I just wonder .......

Surely if someone joins the team knowing the environment everyone describes that they will be expected to ride for a specific rider (and it seems that is for sure no secret) are they not accepting of this fact?

Or is it a case that they are willing to grab at any opportunity to get a contract to ride for a team due to the fact that these do not often become available.........

Wise words from a wise man.

BB I think they take what they can get, there is very few sponsors for the ladies, especially full pro sponsors.

unfortunately with Anriette I can't see Robyn's role changing much but let's wait and see.

The rest of the girls will be a slavehorse but who isn't when you are just starting out in the pro teams?? It's a good start for Joann and An-Li I think and if they make a few breaks etc etc then they could get more sponsorship offers next year. They'll learn a lot next year....go girls!!

I must agree with Amused, Owen I think you are getting the wool pulled over  your eyes if you think anything will change. Enjoy Mr Cooper, as he will not be leavingLOL

Owen.....

I could not agree more....

Here you have a bunch of people runnun down a girl because she actually has tallent. If ANYof the other girls had her gift ' date=' they would be given the oppurtunity . 

Jenny Longo was 45 and still winning major races because her TEAM worked for HER.

Imagine how John Smit would have done at the world cup of rugby last year if he was alone on the field.....

Most of you just get on yr bikes and ride them....And will never experience the feeling of satisfaction of winning...

At the top level of our wonderful sport it is all about team tactis.....If Anriette wins.....That means her team wins.....
[/quote']

Jeannie Longo is probably the worst example to quote when it comes to teamwork...

BB I think they take what they can get' date=' there is very few sponsors for the ladies, especially full pro sponsors.

unfortunately with Anriette I can't see Robyn's role changing much but let's wait and see.

The rest of the girls will be a slavehorse but who isn't when you are just starting out in the pro teams?? It's a good start for Joann and An-Li I think and if they make a few breaks etc etc then they could get more sponsorship offers next year. They'll learn a lot next year....go girls!!

[/quote']

it surely is good experience and excellent training for them. I'll cheer for Joanna(!).

TheLegend2008-11-17 04:29:10

The Nashua ladies team will do things differently and better than the current setup within ladies racing and that makes the team format interesting.

Owen has brought a new flavour to racing within SA ladies from the Elite down to the development aspect has been taken care off and one will see some cross skilling which is sorely lacked amongst our ladies. Here we have opportunities opening for the younger generations to learn from the experienced ladies.

The backroom staff has also been selected for their specific strengths and will work in tandum with the newbies in that field as well.

At the end of the day it is not about what money can buy but how success can be built from within the team to the benefit of all.

Let me set the record straight, because this is going nowhere.

NASHUA with a other few sponsors, will sponsor a LADIES TEAM for 2009. There will be about 9 riders in the team. I can not publish the names of the riders as yet, as they are currently part of club and sponsor teams.

I would like to thank The Legend, Liquid, mallo and Wonder Women for their well wishes. Yes like every team, we will have a few up hills to climbs, but that's part of cycling. Like mallo said, we will have a development structure. There will be a mix of experianced riders and a few first year Elites. The team will be a national team with riders racing country wide.

The aim of the team is give riders the opportunity, to enjoy the sport of cycling.

I wonder like the cycling community to support the sponsors of the team in the future, because without them, this team would not be possible.

Team Manager

NASHUA TELCOMS / SCANNERVISION / SCHWINN

Guest colonel

So is Marco, Bruce etc coming to race on the womens team aswell?

So is Marco' date=' Bruce etc coming to race on the womens team aswell?[/quote']

Don't they already?

So is Marco' date=' Bruce etc coming to race on the womens team aswell?[/quote']

No.....Owen does not want any of his team riders to be seen as pieces of meat!! 

And if the SA champs announcer is going to announce the ladies race winner as "Rodney Cock", then all hell is going to break loose.  (AGAIN!!)

OK, OK.....my deur.....dankie...