Hatfield Brooklyn and surrounding cyclist

JT24

I was wondering where do cyclist ride, routes etc if you come from any Hatfield or Brooklyn or any place near these areas? 

I was wondering where do cyclist ride' date=' routes etc if you come from any Hatfield or Brooklyn or any place near these areas?  [/quote']

JT24 depends on when you want to ride; with/without a group; road/off-road etc.

Weekends for road - Bruce Reyneke Cycles - Lynnwood Road - Sat around 85km and Sunday 75/120km

Velo Cycling Club - road check their website - www.velo.co.za

Off-road - Fritz Pienaar Cycles - not sure of the offr-road routes but would guess in the areas of KlapperKnop or Monument.

If you want to ride alone - the Groenkloof, Waterkloof, Klapperkop, Queen Willemina Street; Union Bldgs (Good hill training)

Distance - Rietvlei Dam loop via Botha Avenue

ok' date=' sounds interesting, what about the moloto road in the evenings or weekday mornings? [/quote']

If you alone ... rather do not attempt ... rather ride the East Lynne, Zambesi Road over PTA North Hill otherwise you can also do the Soutpansberg via Tom Jenkins?

hammanskraal sounds nice. I'll be riding mostly alone, am looking for a reasonably safe route, heard many stories about Moloto road. Thanx KlapperKnop. 

ok' date=' sounds interesting, what about the moloto road in the evenings or weekday mornings? [/quote']

You are joking right?

Hope you have good medical aid/life insurance and your will is in order.

Stick to Pta East/Waterkloof/Centurion side

Mtb routes in  in the Groenkloof, Klapperkop Waterkloof area, are plenty.

Road cycling is a bit more restricted.  Select cycling club haunts these hills on thursday's and tuesdays.  (mostly Klapperkop).  THey also ride from Bruce's Cycles on saterday and sundays.

THe most popular training road is Johan Rissik on Klapperkop.  THere are almost always cyclists on this hill.  (About 5km long for the roadies).

IF you are interested in mtb rides PM me.

Stay away from Moloto.  Only on weekends and EARLY in the morning.  Later in the day the busses will kill you and on Sundays the boere omies going to church in their Hiluxe will run you over.

East side out on Lynnwood is always a nice ride but also not on week days.

Weekdays we stay inside the city.  Botha ave.  Groenkloof.  Brooklyn area.

Stay away from Moloto.  Only on weekends and EARLY in the morning.  Later in the day the busses will kill you and on Sundays the boere omies going to church in their Hiluxe will run you over.

East side out on Lynnwood is always a nice ride but also not on week days.

Weekdays we stay inside the city.  Botha ave.  Groenkloof.  Brooklyn area.

Have the signs we put up on the Boschkop loop helped, Spidy?

[

Have the signs we put up on the Boschkop loop helped' date= Spidy?
[/quote]

Can't really say......

Dead

I think it is that time of year where even the dominee will ride over you AND the sign.

Ouch

[

Have the signs we put up on the Boschkop loop helped' date= Spidy?
[/quote]

Can't really say......

Dead

I think it is that time of year where even the dominee will ride over you AND the sign.

Ouch

Sign!! What sign?? The sign just serves as a reminder to the dominee that there are cyclist to run over on his way to the bazaar!!Ouch

Use to train that area... Go up Klapperkop, at the top keep left over stop street and at teh circle left. Down the nice hill and just keep straight till you get the road that goes back to fountain circle.  About 10-12Km loop... very nice training!!!! Mon and Tue 10-12 Laps - Wed 5-6 Laps interval training - Thu 4 laps steady pace and Fri 2 laps easy and of you go!!! But not sure how safe it is up there anymore... heard people got mugged there??