3-4hr ride on the Spruit Sunday 21st Jan

MichH

MMMmmmm I think old Steve is still in shock after helping you getting bike into car . But it looks like your bike fits very comfy into your car without to much disassembly needed .

well he actually helped me put it together Tongue and i don't think he is in shock he is just the coolest Wink

and then i took my tires back and mampara and the thug put it in the back of my car Wink and you have to take both tires off to fit it in............

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That reminds me - Lube your chain BG it's was really complaining yesterday especially after the few river crossings .

Can you believe it but the undesides of my arms got sun burned yesterday. Is it from the reflection from the grass?

That reminds me - Lube your chain BG it's was really complaining yesterday especially after the few river crossings .

ohhh so sweet LOL

i shall do that.........or ask someone to do it for me Wink no serious i was thinking about that especially after i washed it at home (it is all sparkly again Big%20smile)

i dont have any chain "lube"ing substances at home so what would the helpful bunch on the hub reccomend?

or i can just sit on the side on the rd and put on an accent.............oh wait i already got one LOL

I really think one of the young gentleman on Sundays ride should take you home one day and show you the ropes on MTB maintenance .

Lube your chain after a wash . Lube your chain before a ride . And use Squirt .

Can you believe it but the undesides of my arms got sun burned yesterday. Is it from the reflection from the grass?

if you were riding in front of me i could give you a reason or two........broken glass,river.......you know all kinds of things Wink but considering you were behind me half the time i dont know whatyou were up to..................

i now got sock/shoe lines and 2 wonderfully fashionable circles on my hands from my gloves........

BG - Squirt works for my bikes! Unfortunately that question will also get you a choice of some few hundred different lubes and opinions!

Shouldn't get as bad as a Campy vs Shimano discussion though (at least I hope!)

oh?

can't i just ask Mich? Tongue or cat-i........they seem to know what they are doing............

and different to popular demand i still have some brain cells left......Wink i just don't act on my common sense thoughts that flast through my ever busy brain...........LOLLOLLOL

BG - Squirt works for my bikes! Unfortunately that question will also get you a choice of some few hundred different lubes and opinions!

Shouldn't get as bad as a Campy vs Shimano discussion though (at least I hope!)

either that or dating and who;s single and bla bla seems to be the 2 choices for an end of a discussion Wink

you can ask Mich or Cat but I am sure they will help you with recommendations , but they will not do it for you !!

BB they can say what they want we know only Squirt will do the job . There is apparently a new one coming out that does even a better job . (rumor ? )

as i said before i CAN do things myself thank you very much............but it's my face it says "help me help me" or something LOL

you can ask Mich or Cat but I am sure they will help you with recommendations ' date=' but they will not do it for you !!
BB they can say what they want we know only Squirt will do the job . There is apparently a new one coming out that does even a better job . (rumor ? )[/quote']

I use Squirt Dry lube on the road and MTB. I think MichH uses White lightning.

I currently use White Lightning. I've never tried Squirt to I could be missing the best lube in the world (grin!).

My bike is also now clean everywhere, except for the patch behind my rear shock between the swingarms that I couldn't reach and only noticed this morning (grr!).

I even removed my brake pads, cleaned them with a cloth and buffed them with sandpaper. I also lubed last night after washing, my advice is invest in a Powerlink, then you can remove the chain and clean in an ice cream dish with FinishLine organic degreaser (BUT remember to lube straight away!!)

Anyone else so dedicated :-)

I used to use Squirt but am now on White Lightning.

No particular reason for the change, just wanted to see how something else worked!

Good to try different thing . I started with WL then moved on to Finish Line and a few other funny lubes . But Squirt is my favorite .