3-4hr ride on the Spruit Sunday 21st Jan

MichH

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Desertbob lives outside Jhb, so he only makes it on special occassions.

TheThug, I meant little less uphill to get home...

DR, it's far... too far to cycle there! Erm, I'll look up the distance and get back to you... As a guideline, I live near and it's 30km to Midrand...

Just to get this straight (I'm not reviewing 8 other pages).

Are we meeting at 07:00 (in DR's case 06:59:59) at the top carpark in Thomas Bowler on Sunday morning ?

Yup, spot on. we will ride approx 15km/hr (that's kinda how fast I can go) and we want to ride at least 40km. Not sure where we will turn around, maybe top of Randburg, maybe after Witkoppen

OK I don't care where you all start as long as it is at the place where Mampara tried to direct me to ! I wanna go as far as possible , show me all the trials , I wanna see all .

OK I don't care where you all start as long as it is at the place where Mampara tried to direct me to ! I wanna go as far as possible ' date=' show me all the trials , I wanna see all .[/quote']

TRIED? I think I did bloody good job.

DR if you want more distance, you can cycle with me from my place - it adds anout 16 each way ... but only if you promise to not CHASE me up the hills - you almost killed my on kyalami wednesday!!

Thanks to all the Hubbers that turned up for yesterdays ride.

It was great to show those "Spruit newbies" the whole of the Spruit and

apologies to anyone who thought the speed on the return journey "up"

the Spruit was a little "fast".

Here is the profile, including Delta Park x 2 and Melville hill at the end, which a number of Hubbers declined.

20070122_002301_thehub21012007.JPG

Thanks for the profile Thug. Yip, it was so much fun with a great bunch of people. No bitching or moaning and no "looking down" at anybody because they don't have the latest this or that. As a very proud roadie, MTBing is alot more fun and the guys are way friendlier.

So MuchH, when's the next one?

thanx guys

it was an amazing ride
first time in months i feel like i worked hard Tongue

nice meeting some extra people Wink although some of them are a bit prickly........LOL