2nd lap at argus

fandacious

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cause when you do your second lap, you still think you are with the A group or vet group or whatever group you ride in. maybe YOU dont do this, but guys doing their second lap come past shouting and screaming that we must get out the way and have zip respect or time for slower riders "interferring" with their second lap.

They can go play in the duck pond. I've got a big bike pump. (apparently this is also needed for Kilarney events)

you are not aloud to anymore ' date=' i think its stupid,if u have the legs then why not![/quote']

don't take your number off - they'll think you're just riding RREEAALLYY slowly. Taking your chip off might be a good idea...

I did it a few years ago and it rocked - the "characters" are all at the back and have a whale of a time at the Argus. Even stopped to fix some punctures and loose bits. Spectators love it when you accept the beer they offer too...

you are not aloud to anymore ' date=' i think its stupid,if u have the legs then why not![/quote']

don't take your number off - they'll think you're just riding RREEAALLYY slowly. Taking your chip off might be a good idea...

I did it a few years ago and it rocked - the "characters" are all at the back and have a whale of a time at the Argus. Even stopped to fix some punctures and loose bits. Spectators love it when you accept the beer they offer too...

now this earns a beer !! when the fast guys help the slow guys !

did it last year just took my number off and blended in,but beware random direction changes by some of the backmarkers could end your day.

did it last year just took my number off and blended in' date='but beware random direction changes by some of the backmarkers could end your day.[/quote'] ???????????

why do you guys do a second lap ?

if it is just to enjoy the vibe thats awesome - then help out - but if it is to better your DC time then go away.

did it last year just took my number off and blended in' date='but beware random direction changes by some of the backmarkers could end your day.[/quote'] ???????????

????what

we did it for the vibe
winterinski2009-01-12 05:04:56

Took off my chip lastyear for the second lap of the 94.7 but left my number, Had a lot of fun chatting stopping at the water points and going over the line with my wife (priceless).

If it is possible I will do a second Argus lap with her.

u want 2 do a 2nd LAP... easy just pay double entry fee ....

Been there done that.  But....the only way the SYSTEM allows you to pay double is if you ride Giro AND enter as a Jan-alle-man.

Did the Giro......took off my number and my chip.

Climb on the tandem with my wife (we were entered as tandems) with our tandem numbers on and bobs your uncle....second loop.

VERY NICE!  The vibe is awesome.  The beer is great!

But unfortunately there is NO other way to pay double entry except if you are doing it under an alias which will be illegal.....

Any other smart ass comments that will actually HELP?  Ouch

????what

we did it for the vibe
soz, i was talking about the back markers ending your ridenever mind!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

like some of you guys say.... i just wanna do a second lap for the vibe, enjoy the views and waterpoints, just take it easy and have a great time....cause when you race you barely see the great views of CT