Is this where MTB is going to?

martelpypie

Oh come on ... so C for serious ! Brandon admitted that what happened out on the course was wrong from both sides ... we should all be able to laugh at our mistakes ??

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Agteros

This was a lekker skinderstorie, but there is a need to scan the races for a new headline! Wink

Wink Wink Wink

I hear you ... it has been kinda fun debating who is a nicer guy ;-)... which actually has nothing to do with the whole incident...

Lets talk about who is gonna win Sani 2 C .... Maybe Brandon and Max ... if Brandon doesn't switch Max off his bike  (he he he ... just kidding!)

I see that not only has the facebook group disappeared, but the entries on Stewart's website have too.

It is possible that the man who pays his salary reminded him of the fact... The company would not like that kind of publicity or juvenile stunts.

I can't see KE's blog on the matter - was that removed too?

would like to hear his side of the story.

me thinks the sponsors told em to edit certain posts in the interests of cycling... and i love scandals like this, brings all sorts of double posters, new posters, those getting paid alot and those who are bored and just need to say something....LOL

Queen Bee' date=' I hope Brandon is paying you one hell of a salary?

[/quote']

For all we know, Queen Bee might even be Brandon...Shocked

I see that not only has the facebook group disappeared' date=' but the entries on Stewart's website have too.

[/quote']

He is making progress. He still believes he wasn't disqualified though.  Will need to work on that.

This still on his website:

Results

Barberton MTN marathon series // 2009-01-24

1. Max Knox 5-00

2. Jac jansen Van rensburg 5-01

3. Brandon Stewart 5-05

4. Kevin Evans 7-00

5. David George 8-00

I must say I am very disappointed by this incident. If you can't win fairly go home. Who sponsors these guys so that I can know whose product to boycott. Angry

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Maybe CSA should start WW(XC) for the guys that want MTB racing to become a contact sport.  They can then call them self performers instead of athletes and have a whole soapy side show. They can then also wear funny costumes, oops they already do?..LOL

Ox_Wagon2009-01-27 23:27:39

I must say I am very disappointed by this incident. If you can't win fairly go home. Who sponsors these guys so that I can know whose product to boycott. Angry

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Maybe CSA should start WW(XC) for the guys that want MTB racing to become a contact sport.  They can then call them self performers instead of athletes and have a whole soapy side show. They can then also wear funny costumes' date=' oops they already do?..LOL

[/quote']

Many years ago I read a book about Jeannie Longo. It mentioned that when she first started racing she used to go into a field and practise how to stay upright when being shouldered by someone. Shows that cycling has been a contact sport for many years now.

Who sponsors these guys so that I can know whose product to boycott. 

If you really insist and you want to do this I suggest you be careful of shiny taps.  Harley Davidson bikes to be avoided as well.