The Fast One

slowpoke

No were fast enoughWink

Well.....saw you still on your bikes while we were already heading out the parking lot, bikes loaded AND we did not ride the highway......WinkTongue

Los vir Michelle....she has "The Weapon" on her side......Het jy al 'n bees se wapen gesien?  OPPAS!  WinkLOL

Sure Michelle will sort out the top? riders in the convoy.....she has more experience than most of the guys there.....Thumbs%20Up

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Team SL: Well' date=' my observation was that your vehicle isn't legal Tongue Wink  But did I nitpick? No! LOL
[/quote']

What's not legal about my little versoBig%20smile,

It only has a Thule box on the roof to accomodate a tried team manger for the return tripLOL

Slowpoke, all I was pointing out one bad/arrogant call/decision in 103km not to bad for the big boys wonder how many where not seen.

I am always very grateful for the hard work and the time you marshals give, just for some useless info I am the oke!!! that thanked all the marshals when I rode passed them.

wrighte, the thanks are appreciated.

my original posting was quite clear that it was not 1 incident or 1 or 2 guys in the bunch - it was the entire main pack who moved to the right hand side of the road and remained there 99% of the race causing numerous issues - a number of times that oncomming vehicles had to leave the road to allow them past, accidents amongst themselves, etc. at one stage for a few kms oncomming cars even had to pass on the left hand side (our left)!!! hence my call for the entire VE group to be DQ'd.

Spidy where you in VA? Who chased the break? I really thought we where away with Craig (BPM) Labuscagne Bro (not sure which one' date=' I still have to learn. (Toyota) and Club 100 rider (sorry don't know who he is, but is really strong) OB (DQ'ed out of race 15km into the break) and me (VWE Finishline). We had 1min at the Henley turn.

Anyways, I really enjoyed my first outing in VA and looking forward to mixing it up this year.
[/quote']

Hey Gary

Nice to have you in VA the racing is always fun! The Lab bro is David, the MTN guy is Jeffrey Kriel and OB never fails to amaze.

Gary: OB wasn't entered to ride in the VA group' date=' so the comm asked him to drop to the back of the break.

I gave time checks to the Club 100 manager (including when the group was starting to reel you in) to communicate to you guys but either he or the Club 100 rider decided that it wasn't an advantage for the break to know about it.

The only thing the Club 100 manager was worried about was his 5km rotation schedule... Dead oh, and trying to look kewl in his BMW convertible... epic failure...

Angry

[/quote']

He was looking kewl in my beemer. Even more epic failure. Manager gave us time checks over the radio; Jeffrey in the break had a problem with his...he was pretty surprised when caught.

So Intern...you were there.....who switched OB?  Big%20smile

Nah I was in the chase group, not chasing though. Remember you asked me if I was going to sprint for 80th place when I was emptying my bottle just after vereeniging...and I replied that yes, I had paid to race and that's what I was intending to do WinkLOL

Report from the back of the pack: I started in K, and had a wonderful race. I had a gr8 fun, and did a 3.19, which I am v happy with. I got dropped too often, and rode too much of the race on my own. I think if I get a bit smarter, I might improve my time.

The down side to the race happened about 500 meters from the finish - when this girl (I think it was a girl) in a red top was clipped by someone (who I think must have been too tired by then to hold his/her line) , and she came down hard, right next to me. I just hope she is ok - the incident shook me. Does anyone perhaps  know if she is allright?

Spidy where you in VA? Who chased the break? I really thought we where away with Craig (BPM) Labuscagne Bro (not sure which one' date=' I still have to learn. (Toyota) and Club 100 rider (sorry don't know who he is, but is really strong) OB (DQ'ed out of race 15km into the break) and me (VWE Finishline). We had 1min at the Henley turn.

Anyways, I really enjoyed my first outing in VA and looking forward to mixing it up this year.
[/quote']

Hey Gary

Nice to have you in VA the racing is always fun! The Lab bro is David, the MTN guy is Jeffrey Kriel and OB never fails to amaze.

Good win. You took your shot and it paid off.

Slightly off topic: my tandem partner and I both received two times for the FastOne. Our proper time of 2:15 odd for the racing tandems (starting at 05:50) and another time of 2:38 for a start with the social tandems (at 07:05 - while we were still riding in the racing tandems group- we only finished at 08:05).

A hundred bucks to anyone who can explain that (solutions involving time machines/hyper-space drives, etc. will be disqualified)...