Chappies and Boyes Drive for argus

FanieFiets

I disagree with the big issue for Boyes drive. The B worlds with a huge pack went over Boyes. Loads of PPA rides go over Boyes, I have never heard of a crash at the end of Boyes. The right hander is not that bad, 20090129_064953_boyes_one.jpg

anyway my group will be spread out, because I will be laying down the pain on the front.

A more dangerous turn on Boyes Drive is the left hand bend about 400 m from the "summit" because of the right, left, right combo, guys will be drifting all over the road.20090129_065116_boyes_two.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So its fairly unanimous - Boyes Drive = Crashfest

Foe Fighter: I dont suppose the road works are shown on Google Earth. With only 1 lane available, I may take my chances with Boyes.

The road works wont be on Google. I think Boyes drive will only add about two minutes, there isnt that much climbing and a lot of it can be done at pace in the big blade

I disagree with the big issue for Boyes drive. The B worlds with a huge pack went over Boyes. Loads of PPA rides go over Boyes' date='

[/quote']

then we'll just have to agree to disagree...Wink but for the B worlds we are talking a completely different type of skilled competitors here....and even loads of local PPA races go over Boyes drive it means the locals will know the what where and how, but what about those from the rest of the country that don't which are the 1005 others in my group...!!ConfusedOuchDead

Ok my solution is to split the group, Locals go over Boyes and the other poor suckers that cant find work in Cape Town can ride in single file through the road works.

Ok my solution is to split the group' date=' Locals go over Boyes and the other poor suckers that cant find work in Cape Town can ride in single file through the road works.[/quote']

sounds good... most of the howtengers never have anything good to say about cpt anyways LOL

Ok my solution is to split the group' date=' Locals go over Boyes and the other poor suckers that cant find work in Cape Town can ride in single file through the road works.[/quote']

Best plan I heard all dayWink I'll be riding with you then.....LOL

im local,i will still hat the flat over an hill anyday...y waste energy 2 get 2 the same place???

that would b an un fair advantege 4 others!!!

rather use the road work area as a free wheel,neutral zone and have timming matts 2 stop the time over the neutral zone then have another matt after,almost like a rolling road block!!!

than add 2,3 km 2 the end to make it 109km???? i think most ppl will agree with me.

I can see the Cape Argus front page on Monday 9th will have a pic like this

20090129_123934_bikecrash.jpg
That will teach them to ride track bikes in the Argus. LOL

im local' date='i will still hat the flat over an hill anyday...y waste energy 2 get 2 the same place???

rather use the road work area as a free wheel,neutral zone and have timming matts 2 stop the time over the neutral zone then have another matt after,almost like a rolling road block!!!

than add 2,3 km 2 the end to make it 109km???? i think most ppl will agree with me.

[/quote']

sms lingo for the Hub?

im local' date='i will still hat the flat over an hill anyday...y waste energy 2 get 2 the same place???

[/quote']
sms lingo for the Hub?

He has been doing that **** ever since he joined the hub and no one can seem to convince him otherwise????????????Ouch

[/quote']

NO!

[/quote']

NO!
No x 2