Cyclist badly injured in PTA

Pickles

The accident happened somewhere in or near Pretoria. Estelle and her hubby, Gerard, moved there sometime last year from Cape Town. I don't have anymore news yet. Will post if I hear anything.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked

This is shocking news. We use to train together and did a DC together...

Estelle and Gerhard... You are in our prayers. May you have a speedy recovery.

This is terrible news!!!CryUnhappy All the best for a speedy recovery Estelle!!HugKeep us updated please

Just spoken to Gerhard<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Estelle is critical but stable.

Her pelvis is broken in 5 places, broken rib and a punctured lung. She will be in the hospital for at least 6 weeks. Then 3 to 4 months recovery at home.

He thanked everyone that is praying and supporting them. Hug

Shocking news to hear from someone I know personally.  I wish you a speedy recovery, Estelle.  Your in our prayers and thoughts.

This is TERRIBLE  Disapprove

I think i've seen this kind of accident discussed on here earlier, but just in short,  how does something like this happen ?  I presume the truck has to pass you rather closely ?

Just spoken to Gerhard<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Estelle is critical but stable.

Her pelvis is broken in 5 places' date=' broken rib and a punctured lung. She will be in the hospital for at least 6 weeks. Then 3 to 4 months recovery at home.

He thanked everyone that is praying and supporting them. Hug

[/quote']

Add 2 broken legs to that list of injuries!

This is TERRIBLE  Disapprove

I think i've seen this kind of accident discussed on here earlier' date=' but just in short,  how does something like this happen ?  I presume the truck has to pass you rather closely ?
[/quote']

Not neccesarely.....

Some trucks have "dangerous aerodynamic" and when passed, it WILL chuck you at the very least off the road.  If you are not expecting a gallop of wind pulling your bike, you will fall!

We were standing next to the road on Sunday, waiting for a few friends to catch up and a truck came past and chucked us all off the bikes......well, almost........

You just need to constantly be aware of it.