Cyclist badly injured in PTA

Pickles

smiley3.gif

Ek was op die toneel mense en ek moet se om jou maatjie se seer te sien is nie lekker nie. Dalk moet die motoriste net bietjie stadiger ry in sulke weer want ek belowe julle die spoed wat die karre verby die ongelukstoneel gejaag het, was skrikwekkend, al was daar ligte wat gewaarsku het.Thx v julle simpatie mense

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You just need to constantly be aware of it. 

Its like second nature to me, to move further into the yellow line when I hear a truck behind me.  Especially here when the S/E is howling....and the female riders are much lighter and feels the effect of that "draft" a lot worse

You just need to constantly be aware of it. 

Its like second nature to me' date=' to move further into the yellow line when I hear a truck behind me.  Especially here when the S/E is howling....and the female riders are much lighter and feels the effect of that "draft" a lot worse
[/quote']

Stuff like this makes me want to put the knobbies on and move so much further into the yellow line that I go offroad...   Can't even start imagining it.  All the best and speedy recovery Estelle, remember nothing is impossible

Its like second nature to me' date=' to move further into the yellow line when I hear a truck behind me.  Especially here when the S/E is howling....and the female riders are much lighter and feels the effect of that "draft" a lot worse[/quote']

Same here. I start to lean over to the left as soon as I hear a truck.

Best wishes of recovery to Estelle!!!!

I often feel like I am going to get sucked in under a truck whilst riding when they come past you. It seriously scary and sometimes you are already as far left as you can go. It a scary feeling and hearing that it has happened to someone makes it even worse now.

I wonder if the trucker(i'd like to change the t to an f) even felt her underneath his vehicle. estelle our thought are with u.

Peter Nelson also wishing u best.

smiley3.gif
Ek was op die toneel mense en ek moet se om jou maatjie se seer te sien is nie lekker nie. Dalk moet die motoriste net bietjie stadiger ry in sulke weer want ek belowe julle die spoed wat die karre verby die ongelukstoneel gejaag het' date=' was skrikwekkend, al was daar ligte wat gewaarsku het.Thx v julle simpatie mense[/quote']

Did the driver at least stop, or did he pull a hit and run?

All the best to Estelle and family.

smiley5.gif

Ja die drywer ht gstop, so 500meter verder, het hulle blykbaar gesien maar weet nie hoe dit gebeur het nie.Ek het met drywer gepraat en hy se hy het dit omtrent nie eers gevoel toe hy haar raakgery het nie. Dit lyk nie of hy haar ingetrek het nie maar wel met die trok se bak(flat bed) getref het wat heelwat breer is as die bestuurder kompartement. Daar was bloed op die hoek van die "flat bed", i ooggetuie het fotos geneem daarvan. So my beskeie opinie is dat daar i wanskatting van afstand was met die bak se breedte.

Pieter.   

Know what she must be going through and best of luck with the injuries and the recovery that lies ahead.

Speedy recovery Estelle. Thoughts and payers are with you and your family at this time.

strength to Estelle, her family, friends and everyone at the scene. i hope she makes a full and speedy recovery. please keep us posted as to her progress.

I read in Beeld that Estelle is going to give up cycling. The Doctors say she will be in Hospital for six weeks.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Estelle, I hope that this incident does not put you off cycling. 

I am currently going through what your family and loved ones will go through (my fiance was stabbed 3 1/2 weeks ago while out cycling and is still in ICU).  I hope that she will still want to cycle (MTB) when she is able to do so - there are so many km of this country that still need to be explored together...