ANOTHER CYCLIST KNOCKED OVER

RickA

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Graig and condolences to his family and friends. This is really bad news.

I am now wondering why we risk our lifes like this each and everyday on our roads, is it really worth it? 

That is terrible!

So sad for his family and friends.

Rick, sorry you had to see that as well. Props to you for following it up.

RIP, terrible news. I dont know how that happened, that spot is on my regular training ride, I have always felt so safe there, wide road and a bit of shoulder.

Hi Foe Fighter

It happened because the motorist was careless and took his eyes off the road. The cyclist was riding normally, well within the yellow line. He wasn't in any way impeding traffic or riding erratically. I don't think he even knew what hit him.

There were a lot of cyclists riding past after the accident, many of them stopped - probably not a good thing to see when you are out riding.

As i mentioned in my last post - I think all of us cyclist should be wearing some sort of ID when we go out riding, I also think it would be a good idea to do a first aid course including CPR.

Hi all

The cyclist was a friend of mine. It is with absolute schock that I had to hear of his untimely death. I have very litte details of what actually happened....

Please spare a thought for his wife and two young boys (one named Jason) who are left behind, trying to sense of this tragic event.

Take care out there -

Cassie

Hi Cassie

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend Craig, and feel very sad for his wife and sons.  I didn't sleep very well last night, I am still stunned by what I saw. Then his morning I read a letter in the Peoplespost newspaper titled "Those Cyclists" written by a long suffering motorist - I had to respond.

Rest in Peace Craig

My sincerest condolences to his wife, children and friends.

Rick

My heart goes out to Craig's wife, Candice and his two small boys Jason and Nathan. This is so tragic. One again thanks to Rick. This has also been a big wake up call about the importance of having an emergency contact number on you when riding.

Rest in Peace Craig