Deplorable action by a cyclist this morning

Nix M2

I think your story is absolutely appaulling,  their is no respect for woman in this country any more, I would love to shove my shoe up his ass

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wat het sy buite die kombuis gemaak. Wie het haar leiband losgemaak. Beste is mind jou eie besigheid en moenie soek vir 'n pakslae nie.

Wat het sy buite die kombuis gemaak. Wie het haar leiband losgemaak. Beste is mind jou eie besigheid en moenie soek vir 'n pakslae nie.

I hope you're joking.AngryAngryAngry 

what do you say to a women with two black eyes? Nothing, she's been told twice already.

*just in case you don't know, that was a joke. You can now take the broomstick out of your arse and laugh*

what do you say to a women with two black eyes? Nothing' date=' she's been told twice already.

*just in case you don't know, that was a joke. You can now take the broomstick out of your arse and laugh*

[/quote']

eeerrrmmm the splinters dude .. the splinters ...LOL

Is this what we have really come to. firstly you never hit a woman as secondly as cyclist you should stick together. Guys like that really Pi$$ me off.

on befhalf of a decent guy and a cyclist i'd like to apologise for there disgusting behaviour.

But the issue is that the woman first spoke nicely to them' date=' was completely ignored, then she escalated her tone and language to solicit a response.

Only then did they start to respond. This speaks volumes about their character. if one needs to be shouted at in order to get a point across then perhaps the MTB'ers belonged back in primary school.

and as always, two wrongs don't make a right. So her shouting at them and swearing at them did not need to result in a slap. Thats just poor SAFFA male baas van ie plaas mentality that needs to be buried with the parents that taught them their manners.

yeah I blame the parents

[/quote']

Well I do not think that there have ever been an issue about the response she got. All agree - don't go around slapping people.  The problem here is she seemed adamant in her attempt to 'solicit a response'. This she managed to do but was not prepared for th type of response she got.

If you think that you will get a point across by shouting and swearing then that belong in primary school as well and yes I think we can blame the parents on both sides

Exactly. she could have slowed down, let them pass, admired the scenery, and carried on her merry way. It sounds to me like she did a lot more to piss these guys off than we read here. I'd love to hear the two MTB'ers point of view. In this day and age it's really better to just mind your own business. I don't buy the philanthropic view that it's a waste of tax money if the person gets a head injury and ends up institutionalised due to an  accident indirectly caused by not having a light. If that's the case, then I'd expect the same idealists to stop jaywalkers when they cross the highway, or perhaps when you go out to a bar, stop people who look like they have had one too many. You can't go around policing and butting into other people's space, throwing verbal abuse and expecting to get away with it. It's absurd. Let the police do this, and rather just mind your own business. It's always too easy for women to hide behind the old chivalrous mindset when they need to. They expect equality but then still want the door opened for them. She should have acted like the lady you all are carrying on about.

what do you say to a women with two black eyes? Nothing' date=' she's been told twice already.

[/quote']

LOL From a girl ... that is hillarious!

I read your comments regarding the alleged assault this morning and would recommend that you try to identify these riders, report the matter to the SAPS and sue them too. Go and look for them in the mornings to come and follow them until you have established who they are and where they live. The fact that you may have used words such as "F..." may have provocked them and I recommend in future that you refrain from language that you would not like to have uttered against you, yet it is not acceptable that another cyclist turns around and assaults another. It is no wonder that I have very little left for this sport after having competed for 30 years. It is no wonder that cyclists get killed on the road, because of their pathetic and sick attitudes towards other road users. My opinion and instruction is very clear "IF YOU CANNOT BEHAVE PROPERLY, PLEASE LEAVE THE SPORT, BECAUSE I AS WELL AS MANY OTHERS WOULD NOT LIKE TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH BARBARIANS". This is supose to be a clean sport and hobby but it is getting dainted day by day. I hope that the 2 barbarians are reading this posting and I hope that you get to think about your actions. As far as you are concerened, please refrain from the "F........". If this is also a problem for you, than I recommend that you also get out of the sport and look for something more entertaining where you can use the type of language. Primarily, do not use it at all and rather try being an example of a "NICE CYCLIST". I know that many other members will enjoy responding to this mail, but I will not be reading it and therefore you would only waste your time. But go for it!!!

Kind regards

Werner Wiehart

What this thread is relly about is that modern society has become desperately ill. Television, advertising and all sorts of stuff has contributed to a society who no longer have decent morals. Generally speaking of course.

We have become selfish in the extreme and have lost empathy and sympathy for our fellow "man" (for want of a better word.)

People want to do their own thing and it no longer matters whether it is moral or legal. We want it all, and we want it now. Rules are only in place for the law-abiding citizens and everybody else can just go to hell. We don't want help or interference from others regardsless of the dangers we face by doing stuff wrong.

I agree that when someone else's action endangers your own life or well being that we have a right to be heard and should be free to express our feelings on this issue.

In my books, it doesn't matter what a woman does, you just don't hit them. And when this happens it is symptomatic of the world and it's values gone wrong.

What has happened to us? Why do we do this? Simple, our own attitudes about life have created disprespect for ourselves firstly and secondly to our fellow beings.

We swear and gesticulate wildly at each other in the traffic and almost shoot each other over a small piece of road to be on.

This is sick and unless we all start addressing our own attitudes, we are headed for disaster.

Yeah, I know there are still some (a lot of) pretty decent people out there who genuinely want to help their fellows by pointing out their mistakes, but what for? For a smack in the head? No thanks.

Consider though, that the first approach was wrong. (not a good enough excuse for the retaliation, but still worng.) It matters not so much what you said, but how you said it.

Some people are best left to learn their own lessons and if riding without lights, helmets and other stuff is what they want to do. Leave them be. Try and find another route.

You are not the appointed guardian of mankind and some people will only learn by their own mistakes. It may take a tragedy to learn the lesson, but leave them be. It is not your choice but their own. You have only to worry about your own safety.

It just does not surprise me though, that motorists think we are a crazy bunch of reckless lunatics with this sort of bahaviour. Have we become like the lemmings? Hell bent on our own self destruction.

I would of course like to get my hands on this creep and help him right, but to what end?

When are we going to realise that we are making huge mistakes and stop being so damn self righteous, pompous and arrogant? Leave the ijits to figure stuff out for themselves.

If someone endangers your well being while you're on the road, wait for them to move on and take another route. Never argue with a fool because someone looking in on this will not be able to tell which one is the bigger fool.

Cry

It is sad to read what happened here - I have learnt that never to even bother asking another cyclist: "where are your lights or helmet" - frankly speaking I really don't care.

The road is full of dangers & we should stick together but alas for some that prefer being moronic in attitude & character - good luck. As for me & "MY OWN WELLBEING & SAFETY" - shall be lit up/bright clothes/obey the rules & wear a helmet.

To each his own. Move on, ride past & don't comment.

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Hey S2L mind PM'ing me a short summary of what you just said Wink

Short version... Society in general is f*cked up. TV shows and newspapers are full of violence and that makes it worse. But even in spite of that, S2L would still like to get the dudes and f*ck them up.

How that is part of the solution and not part of the problem is beyond meConfused

TNT12009-02-27 02:18:33

Slave, hopefully you've seen 'bowling for Columbine'. If not, I suggest you do. Marilyn Manson makes a very good point about people who blame TV and media for the wrongs of mankind. The rest of your post is littered with meaningless points and you contradict yourself too. Anyway, the jist of wht you said is basically what is being rehashed here ad nausium, people must just mind their own business when out in public, and the 'lady' could easily have avoided the whole situation by taking the passive approach. Dare I say it...ok...PMS?