CSA Officials

Grapkas

I was wondering, officials take 10% of prize money. Beteken dit nie dat ons as professionele ryers (Not that i really see myself as a pro, i work full day) die officials op 'n manier betaal nie. On a day where there is

R100 000.00 prize money they take R10 000.00 home. Why are they so rude to us. Not all of them, some of them are very friendly but some of them are so bad that they cancel the good ones out! I really don't like feeling like i am doing something wrong all the time!  There is a specific official that is allways on the start line that is so BAD and bitchy i don't know how long i'm gonna keep quiet any more!Angry

But am i right about the 10% they take of the prize money? It's the same as paying somebody at a shop and then the shop assistant is rude!

DR, I don't think the average CSA official is mature enough to handle any form of critisism.  I think if grappie would ever loose her nerve then she would close almost all her doors in South African Cycling.

Grappies.

Ek deel jou smart.  Het ook 'n ondervinding of twee met die mensies. 

Miskien over worked & Under paid?  Ek weet nie.

Maar kyk maar oral om jou.  Jy kry baie min vriendelike mense deesdae.  Die dae van almal beskaafd optree teenoor sy medemens is iets van die verlede.

Soos ek se, daar is 'n paar van hulle wat baie nice is maar die een of twee wat die ryers behandel soos stout laerskool kinders wat swiets by die snoepie gesteel het grief my erg!

ek neem aan dis seker biekie ander vir julle oukies wat vir span ry/sponsors het ens , persoonlik sal ek hom bitch-slap as hy my grief gee . Maar nou ja almal is nie so vriendelik soos ekke nie .

Onthou Grapkas dit is 'n public driven organisasie wie se bestuur demokraties gekies is. As jy nie deel is van die struktuur nie, word deel van die struktuur. Is jy lid van 'n klub wat dien op GCU???? Indien nie word 'n lid en le jou griewe op 'n demokatiese manier voor. Wat ek nou se is waar en glo my die ouens voel vir jou so baie soos 'n Moeder met 'n hout t!et!!!!! Suig en jy SAL splinters kry!!!!!! Ek het nie altyd AL die antwoorde nie!!!!!

10% of prize money is paid to Cycling SA but not to the officials. However, if an event uses Cycling SA officials there is also a cost which is paid to the officials.

While I am the first to admit there are rude officials we must also remember that most of the officials are there for the good of the sport and are there to uphold the rules which are neccesary in every sport.

The officials have expenses in doing their jobs and need to get compensation for these. The amount paid to officials is set out by Cycling SA but officials do sometime set their own rates as well, usually in agreement with the event organisers.

Note: I am not an official nor am I part of Cycling SA, I am an event organiser who has to pay the officials etc etc. I don't mind paying anybody for services rendered, as long as I get the service I need. I have had problems in the past with officials, but generally these are sorted out through the WP officials Association and I am generally happy with the level of service.

Thanks for that info Francois, i totally understand and i know somebody has to do the job but if you see certain people race in and race out with their lip dragging on the ground giving cyclists uphill about the smallest crap then i get angry!

Just put the shoe on the other foot for a minute.

Does all the riders always behave in a professional and descent manner towards the officials?????

There should be an officials association in your province. Put an complaint in against this person. The days of them and us is finished. Or complain via your club, they can go to the province. Come and ride Tour de Boland next year. We treat the riders as adults.

I don't have time to be concerned about the official's mood when I race. Anyway they are not there to make you feel better, they're there to uphold rules. Don't take everything so personal. Focus on your race!

Pokerface julle almal ken mos vir Grapkas.... sy is 'n perfek gebalandseerde ou meisietjie..... sy het 'n chip op elke skouer!!!!!!!

Francois is correct with regards to the 10% being paid to

CSA and not the officials. Grapkas, the reason why you see the same faces race

in and race out is that there are a lack of officials. That means that the official?s

body has to use whoever is available. The lack of ?young? officials is part of

the problem but there are major power struggles with in CSA/official ranks and

that at times. At times being worked silly at racing is not a reason to be rude

to the riders but the riders must also remember that the officials are there

before most of the riders arrive and only go home after prize giving. This

means that the officials are still at the event while some riders are already at

home enjoying a beer.

Grapkas I suggest you write a formal letter via your

sponsor/club to your province or directly to the official?s body. So that can

formally address the issue. You will have to name names in the letter so that

the issue can be taken up with the relevant person.

I have to just say that i allways try to be friendly so i will try this tactic for another few races and if my charm doesn't work i will have to see. And Oom H you'll be surprised but i am not really a big old dragon with fire spewing out of my mouth every time it opens i am usually actually very nice!