Been shopping for value carbon bike, what is the best option for 1st C  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Been shopping for value carbon bike, what is the best option for 1st C

• Raleigh RC7000 /w ultegra +- 18k
    • Trek Madone 5.0 /w ultegra +- 23k
    • Felt F4 /w ulegra +- 18k
    • Scott Cr1 /w ultegra +- 23k
    • All these suck

As long as you have more than one bottle of beer, you don't need no bottle opener.

And why bother with a single bottle?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is : What about the guarantee if you import directly? Has anyone done this in their private capacity and how does it work?

Find out from the supplier - most reputable dealers will cover you with a gaurentee.

Also, some of the deals are so good - new stuff for the price you can get second hand stuff here! Won't have a gaurentee if you buy second hand over here, so to buy new stuff over the net cheaply is usually better.

I would advise steering clear of unknown brands like karbona etc - I'm a bit conservative in that regard - frame, stem, handlebar, fork should be from an established brand.

For a good deal, I saw CDale Synapse 06 frames in chainreactioncycles for R4000 and something. It is a bit hefty, at 1.8 kg for the frame and 400+ grams for the fork, (Shocked all CR1 owners gasp in shock) but it will be a solid bike and earn you some points with Crux and co. Wink

Saw an add for a size M Scott CR1 on chainwheel.com for R5000. It has been on there for a while, so perhaps he'll consider an offer of R3500.  

First of all, thanks for the great response to my question regarding buying a carbon frame. Specially being my 1st visit to the hub. I visited the other web sites mentioned and can see that there are a lot more options to consider.

Does anyone have an idea what the import tax would be on a complete bike, or where to find out?

Thanks again
Kobie2007-02-28 03:47:54

I dont think u pay import duty if you order frame and wheels etc. only for complete bike. But then they would still add the 14% VAT