Been shopping for value carbon bike, what is the best option for 1st C  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Been shopping for value carbon bike, what is the best option for 1st C

• Raleigh RC7000 /w ultegra +- 18k
    • Trek Madone 5.0 /w ultegra +- 23k
    • Felt F4 /w ulegra +- 18k
    • Scott Cr1 /w ultegra +- 23k
    • All these suck

and if you buy before th end of the month CRC wil give you an extra 10% discount for orders of GBP 100.00

I put a bunch of stuff in the basket, frame included it still offered free parcel force shipping and the 10% discount....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does CHainreaction offer free shipping on a bike frame???!!

shipping cost for  this size item would normally be around GBP125. Check the site carefully! Thats a huge discount if they do offer free shipping or frames or bikes

Free shipping on everything except complete bikes. I have played arround with a few things and the frames were also free.

Minty, it's not the cars that are unimaginative, it's just that a Beemer is the default status symbol car, that is all.  Hence "not imaginative choices".  Emphasis on the choices, not the cars. 

I'm not sure what "Did you know that BMW is the only manufacturer that actually has the know-how to manufacture the doors on the current 5 series?" acshly means.  I'm sure the world would be pretty surprised to learn that Volkswagen or Ford were building 5-series doors.  Plus, they'd look crap on the side of a Golf!

And yes, I was being deliberately provocative, although I am quite ready and able to deal with any flaming from my imaginary friends.

Weren't the BMW mountain bikes built by someone else and just badged as BMW's? I would much rather ride a Colnago, or De Rosa than a BMW bicycle Wink.

Minty' date=' it's not the cars that are unimaginative, it's just that a Beemer is the default status symbol car, that is all.  Hence "not imaginative choices".  Emphasis on the choices, not the cars.  [/quote']

Ja....i follow, BUT default choice cos it's so bloody good

I'm not sure what "Did you know that BMW is the only manufacturer that actually has the know-how to manufacture the doors on the current 5 series?" acshly means.  I'm sure the world would be pretty surprised to learn that Volkswagen or Ford were building 5-series doors.  Plus' date=' they'd look crap on the side of a Golf!

[/quote']

As in the other manufacturers couldn't make them if they tried Confused

Plus' date=' they'd look crap on the side of a Golf

[/quote']

LOLLOL

And yes' date=' I was being deliberately provocative....
[/quote']

Ja i know....i was just calling it Wink

I'm also looking at upgrading to a C frame and is interested at a Karbona Muscle-lite. Check out their site at Karbona.com. The price for the frame is below 4G, but thats without getting it here - still wait to find out how much. All other accessories are available at great prices.

My problem is : What about the guarantee if you import directly? Has anyone done this in their private capacity and how does it work?

I don't think one should try to "cheap" on a carbon frame, rather get a quality alloy frame with good geometry etc.....and if you have some extra cash, spend that on the wheels.

Kobie dont waste your time, i was talking to Karbona for weeks, was actually planning on importing to resell.

They are full of nonsense, and shipping cost for complete bike U$610

I don't think one should try to "cheap" on a carbon frame' date=' rather get a quality alloy frame with good geometry etc.....and if you have some extra cash, spend that on the wheels.[/quote']

que??!

Try this for size whippersnapper http://www.pedalforce.com

They won Cycling+ rad bike of the year in 2005 and featured again (2nd I think ) in 2006.

Light, quality, price, you can have all threeLOL

It probably costs Kinesis like 10c a frame if they stamp enough of them out, so why can't they be cheap?

I spoke to a guy last week. He imports frames from taiwan, apparantly he can get carbon frames at $80 a shot if he takes a 100 or more.

Exactly, I see no reason why it should cost much more than tupperware? Except of course for the density of the material?

LOL Tupperware.......cracks me up everytime..

The black tupperware does take a fewmore man hours though and it's a supply demand thingy.

We want so they can charge what they like

my next frame is going to be Ti or steel......and it must be so light that the manufacturer puts a 65kg weight limit on it, oh and a 14" seat tube and a 23" top tube and a 3.5" headtube........or there abouts Big%20smile

oh and somehwere on it must be a brazed on bottle opener Wink

Friend of mine has a chain tensioner on his single speed that has a bottle opener built in, very cool and very handy!