The (un)official single speed thread....

rock

Best tires I have used in all 5 years of riding 29'ers to date, are the Maxxis Ikon's.

Out of interest, what else have you used and where they all on the same bike/wheels?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best tires I have used in all 5 years of riding 29'ers to date, are the Maxxis Ikon's.

I have a brand new set awaiting the 'end of life' of my Captains on my 29r HT :)

Out of interest, what else have you used and where they all on the same bike/wheels?

Every tire you can well imagine and most of that has been on American Classics as of the past few years.

Same bike ?

I have had more bikes than boxer shorts in my clothing drawer.

Every tire you can well imagine and most of that has been on American Classics as of the past few years.

Same bike ?

I have had more bikes than boxer shorts in my clothing drawer.

oh the perks of having a bike shop.....lucky drol

The best bike in the world! A Voodoo Wanga (or Wanka if you're that way), 32x17 (the perfect gear for Cape Town) with nice beefy tyres and a few special parts you don't see much. Super stable at high speeds but standard XC geometry to get you up to the fun bits.

It does things it wasn't made to do....

Like this

post-6207-0-87228700-1337245212.jpg

And this (video)....

Nice vid ... where was is shot?

Who or where can I get an old school single speed from in Cape Town?

I've seen some at a clothes shop along Long Street last week for R3500, not sure if there are guys building these bikes up I can speak to.

Go to Woodstock cycles-they should be able to help you out with older bikes. Google 'em.

Who or where can I get an old school single speed from in Cape Town?

I've seen some at a clothes shop along Long Street last week for R3500, not sure if there are guys building these bikes up I can speak to.

Thats probably Tobie from Hello Again - dude does build some cool bikes. Otherwise follow iRide's advice and check out Nilse at Woodstock Cycleworks on Main Road

Go to Woodstock cycles-they should be able to help you out with older bikes. Google 'em.

Thanks for that, wanna get the missus and myself a bike to cruise on Cape Town on. Is it maybe better to build my own? Is R3500 to much to be paying, not really sure.

Thats probably Tobie from Hello Again - dude does build some cool bikes. Otherwise follow iRide's advice and check out Nilse at Woodstock Cycleworks on Main Road

Thats the shop :thumbup: , they had a blue bike in the window that was so damn nice :drool: Is there a difference in names between using a MTB frame or road frame & what would be a better frame to build up.

i dropped singlespeed dot coza a line but no feedback yet

nothing on rushsports don't got any either

• 2 weeks later...