My project bike begins...

_Daemon_

I am strugling to get tubeless tires for my 29er rims.....Looks like i will have to import some as the local agents don't seem to have stock.  I have tried Conti, Specialized, Kenda, Maxxis.....does anyone know who has stock for me?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am strugling to get tubeless tires for my 29er rims.....Looks like i will have to import some as the local agents don't seem to have stock.  I have tried Conti' date=' Specialized, Kenda, Maxxis.....does anyone know who has stock for me?

[/quote']

You mean UST tyres? I have not seen any, do you even get? You can still easily run tubeless with normal folding tyres. Heck you don't even need a conversion kit, the DIY version works very well.

I am strugling to get tubeless tires for my 29er rims.....Looks like i will have to import some as the local agents don't seem to have stock.  I have tried Conti' date=' Specialized, Kenda, Maxxis.....does anyone know who has stock for me?

[/quote']

I did a ghetto conversion on my WTB Exiwolf's and they seem to have held up pretty well.

snip snip snip

- On One Reetard rims with planet X superlight hubs (it's the wheelset Kiwi sells) mated to Specialized fast track in the back and Specialized "The Captain" in the front turned into a tubeless conversion using cut out 26" tubes.

snip snip snip

DR you still asleep huh? He said 26" not frikkin 26#! LOL

On your Ghetto conversion do you now use 26# tubes ?

Nope, 24"

[/quote']

Geax is readily available. Just ask your lbs to order.

Daemon - sswwwweeeeet ride. I saw the first post of yours a while ago and I've been waiting for the end result! Post pics when you convert to SS please.

*hijack* KiWi can you get your mit's on the On-One 456 frames???? How much?

How on earth did you get the bike to stand upright by its own?

aahh with the 29er wheels the bike balance so well it sort of just trackstands on it's own when you leave it...   :)

hehehe...

Lulu kept the bike up right, let go, I snap a pic and she grabbed the bike before it fell over again :)

Daemon - sswwwweeeeet ride. I saw the first post of yours a while ago and I've been waiting for the end result! Post pics when you convert to SS please.

*hijack* KiWi can you get your mit's on the On-One 456 frames???? How much?

Hi MoreTrails,

Yes we can!

We have a small order of 2009 456 26" frames coming in at the beginning of June. We have orders open on the website already; http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.za/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ON%20ONE%20456 most of the shipment is already sold. Let me know if you want one and I can put it aside. A second shipment will arive end of June or early July.

R2728.40

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.za/images/products/New-Dark-Blue-456-Front-Quarter.jpg

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.za/images/products/New-Dark-Blue-456-Side-On.jpg

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.za/images/products/New-Dark-Blue-456-Rear.jpg

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.za/images/products/New-Dark-Blue-456-BB.jpg

That's the one. The SRAM X7 and X9 FDs have enough clearence but if you trim a X7 or X9 Top pull you get that extra bit of clearence there as well.

Kiwi (Wayne) - Can you please post the model numbers (and 'swing type') in terms of 'best fit'.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

2009 model Shimano Front Derailleur?s shouldn't need any changes as the design is different to 2008 and earlier as far as the lever arm placement goes.

You need a top pull 34.9mm diameter clamp model whatever brand you use.

Pics for mods to 2008 and earlier Shimano Front Derailleur?s to increase clearance;  SRAM X7 and X9 top pull Front Derailleur?s shouldn't need anything done to them:

Shimano 2009
Model Number  FD-M971 
Series  XTR 
Swing Action  Down-swing

Model Number  FD-M771 
Series  DEORE XT 
Swing Action  Down-swing  

Model Number  FD-M661 
Series  SLX 
Swing Action  Down-swing   

Model Number  FD-M581A 
Series  DEORE LX