HRM which one

kevin

Ok I guess the RS800 would be awesome however that is just out of the bracket for a novice....

Which one would your recommend for a 1st HRM the polar CS300 or something simpler and better looking....as I am new to the whole HRM monitor thing and just want something that can tell me I can push more :) I would like to monitor my usage and down load info etc and compare...what would you suggest ? I have a bike computer so I am not overerly concerned with cadence and speed unless this is tracked on each ride and can be compared later...

Thoughts and comments are welcome please

As far as I'm aware the minimum Polar cycling model that can download is the CS400.

There is only one brand that has been tried and tested round the World!!!

Polar!!! I prefer the S725i, that way you can swop from bike to bike and also use it in the gym!
Captain Slow2009-03-27 03:09:27

The CS400 is for bike use only, the 725 can be used on and off the bike. So if you use your HRM @ gym or while running, that will influence your decision.

I use the CS 400 and really like it. Its amazing all the data it captures.

Not all that cheap though.

If you 're willing to spend a bit more get a Garmin Edge 305...

you get HR, and that stuff that you already have on the bike computer but, you get a gps with it!

and the nice of it for me is that you can program it the way you want,

e.g you can tell it how long you want to cycle before your intervals and how long the intervals should be and how long you should rest etc.

(I know the top end polars can do this as well!)

you say you are starting out with HR training, believe and ask anyone using HR it doesnt help you get the data and do nothing with it.

so getting something thats too elementary will do for now, but once you want to start training seriously, you'll want something with the little "added extra's"

Polar! get a 625 or 725, those are the best ones to have. You do pay more for Polar, but need I say anything about their back-Up? The best in the business, or any other field for that matter. That's what you pay for, a top quality product and exceptional support. Go Polar!

Polar! get a 625 or 725' date=' those are the best ones to have. You do pay more for Polar, but need I say anything about their back-Up? The best in the business, or any other field for that matter. That's what you pay for, a top quality product and exceptional support. Go Polar![/quote']

no no,,GARMIN,,, GARMIN,,, GARMIN!!! WinkWinkWink

in the end he's just gonna buy a suuntoLOLLOL

Polar if you want Vitality Points. Garmin if you want an all in 1 device and don't need or want Vitality Points

mm Points not at this stage...wow there is a fair price difference between the CS300 and the 625 and 725..any one have a second hand one going?

Why do so many want to use a HRM at the gym, is it for the gym bikes and treadmills or ....?