Brand Ambassadors who litter

Johan Bornman

Nothing beats having a banana in your back pocket you have forgotten about during the ride. Climb into the car to leave after the race and you get  this funny feeling against back

YUCK!!!

Well done JBClapClap

Skye2009-04-06 12:19:59

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I know JB, would not doubt his version of events.

Secondly, I think few people would post an accusation under their own name like this if they were not sure of the facts, or making it up. Like Magoo subsequintly demonstrated, things could get nasty.

The problem in the pro bunch is bad. They throw stuff on the road all the time from the bike. To throw stuff on the ground when getting ready in start pens is not much different for them. The funriders see them do it, and do the same to be cool. I don't have a solution - I mostly keep my wrapers etc in my pockets, but I throw banana peels into the bush. During the Giro, everybody drank as much water as possible due to the extreme temperatures. This lead to a hundreds of bottles, most of them used only once, getting thrown by the roadside. I don't think this will change, I hope the organisers organize a clean up after.

I must admit I threw away 3 bottles as well. I do not feel good about it, but I did not have enough space to keep 4 empties. I did not have an alternative plan for the empty bottles while sitting boxed in the peleton and hanging on for all I was worth. Best solution was to down 3/4 of the bottle, then pass it on to one of the Britts or Belgies who were only too happy for a bit of water, but they then tossed the empty next to the road - not better at all.

Christie2009-04-06 14:12:52

Littering in Jo'Burg ? sheez thats serious its as bad as polluting the sea by peeing in it. Ja Ja if we all do our bit blah blah blah, just think no more litter = council workers out of jobs. I call it job creation.

Johan are you a small man with a big mouth? I wounder if you would have the same balls if it was a taxi littering? I think not. Just be thankfull you did not come with your self righteous attitude to me you would get more than a pat on the back, rather find something else to do like go to the Kruger Park and take photo's not of game but see if you can snap someone doing something seriously wrong like getting out their car.

I can't stand people like you saving the world by shouting the odds. so if you would excuse me I need to switch on all my lights and heaters and drive my 5 liter v8 as winter is comming and I  am not looking forward to ridding on  cold mornings so come on help with this Global warming thing, Johan I also at times ride from Pannorama and have to dodge broken bottles and used FL's along the way. Next time you are on the litter police think twice it may be me you flap your gums at. 

off for a ride its warmer now. (lets see how hot it gets here now)

ps get propper wheels for your bikes not those skinny things but real men ride real bikes

Littering in Jo'Burg ? sheez thats serious its as bad as polluting the sea by peeing in it. Ja Ja if we all do our bit blah blah blah' date=' just think no more litter = council workers out of jobs. I call it job creation.

Johan are you a small man with a big mouth? I wounder if you would have the same balls if it was a taxi littering? I think not. Just be thankfull you did not come with your self righteous attitude to me you would get more than a pat on the back, rather find something else to do like go to the Kruger Park and take photo's not of game but see if you can snap someone doing something seriously wrong like getting out their car.

I can't stand people like you saving the world by shouting the odds. so if you would excuse me I need to switch on all my lights and heaters and drive my 5 liter v8 as winter is comming and I  am not looking forward to ridding on  cold mornings so come on help with this Global warming thing, Johan I also at times ride from Pannorama and have to dodge broken bottles and used FL's along the way. Next time you are on the litter police think twice it may be me you flap your gums at. 

[/quote']

I'm sure we've seen this axe before...

Hairy Mclairy. I am not sure what your point is? I see a few threats and a lot of agression (hot air), but not sure what you are actually trying to say.

I hope you feel better after your ride.

Littering in Jo'Burg ? sheez thats serious its as bad as polluting the sea by peeing in it. Ja Ja if we all do our bit blah blah blah' date=' just think no more litter = council workers out of jobs. I call it job creation.

[/quote']

Now I understand the reasoning behind the Darwin Awards.

Hmmmmm... Hairy Scary just joins the hub....and off he goes.

double poster' date=' methinks.
[/quote']

Don't think so. This oke is Werner de Villiers.

So silly how people come on here thinking they are hero's and shout their mouths off, but forget to hide their real names on their profiles.

So next time you see or hear a Werner de Villiers give him a big PK.

I think all companies should do what Hammer nutrition has done

You buy a big bottle of gel which come with a small flask you empty gel into the small flask and use it on your training rides or races...that way you dont litter by throwing empty gel sachets on the floor and waste your money by not using all the gel in the sachet....

Just my 2c worth....

Hmmmmm... Hairy Scary just joins the hub....and off he goes.

double poster' date=' methinks.
[/quote']

Don't think so. This oke is Werner de Villiers.

So silly how people come on here thinking they are hero's and shout their mouths off, but forget to hide their real names on their profiles.

So next time you see or hear a Werner de Villiers give him a big PK.

LOL lol LOL

Holmes is that you?