Tour of Soweto

Groot Lem

Colin, thats crap, I was supposed to start in A and started lower down Now What? My time is wrong on CC.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Furthermore Colin now that I think about it your staement makes even less sense, What happens in other races where there is always a timing mat and even in staged races there's mats. 

Colin' date=' thats crap, I was supposed to start in A and started lower down Now What? My time is wrong on CC.[/quote']

I can't see how this matters since I doubt this race is going to make the National Seeding Index... Confused

Pantani, How sure are you about that? Next thing we know it's there and then try and remove that form the NSI will be like communicating with WT and CC, only to be answered with long winded burocratic answers. I am still waiting for WT to sort out my Amashova stuff up. I gave up with that after several emails that went round in circles. 

I don't believe this criteria was met.

Super Seeding Ladder Criteria:

Any race will be used provided it falls into the set criteria.

1. The race must be 90km or longer.
  2. The race must be Chip Timed.
  3. The race must have a minimum of 850 finishers or at least 2 of the professional teams
    (min. 5 riders per team) participating in the event.
  4. The details of each rider must accompany the time especially the ID no.

I volunteered to work at this race and was involved at the start. Although there were some problems, the road race and the Dikwiel race were great and I received so much positive feedback. If the day had stopped here, I would say that the race was a great success and well worth doing again.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The pro race later was a completely different race, I think the time of day also caused more problems as the traffic had become hectic. It was the right decision to shorted the race because it was far too dangerous.

I hope there is another race next year and that a lot of work is put into correcting the problems.

Pantani I am aware of that. Let me give you 2 examples that are on the list of events for the National seeding Index that have not met that criteria:

2006 Nola 106km -271 entries not close to 850 finishers

2006 Kremetart 100km-294 entries not close to 850 finishers

Colin' date=' thats crap, I was supposed to start in A and started lower down Now What? My time is wrong on CC.[/quote']

Dear Wheelsuck,

If you have a query on your result you are welcome to e-mail info@championchip.co.za to have it addressed in a civil manner. The statement made by myself is not crap as stated by yourself but rather the facts and I am sure you understand that you can not place blame on ChampionChip for you starting in a different batch to where you were entered to start.Wink

As a service provider to event we strive to deliver a quality service aimed at meeting the the requirements as arranged with the event. Although we may not be perfect we trust we are reasonably proficient and knowledgeable at what we do. Please feel free to e-mail us directly if you need any problems resolved.

Regards

Colin

Dear Colin, I maintain that I have the right to start in any batch lower than what I am seeded in, this is in any race rules. Once again Championchip is not to blame as always. WinkI have mailed info at Championchip and have been told it has been reffered. I eagerly await your/their/whoevers response. Have a nice day.  There, is that civil enough?   

I am one of the
organisers of the race and am very sorry that some riders  experience was such a
negative one.  Equally many many riders had a great time and enjoyed the ride. 

A number of early teething problems were experienced,
primary among these the late arrival and
inability of the Metro Police to do full road closure, resulting
in traffic chaos.  The elite race was shortened as it would have been unsafe to  continueAs one of
the
 organisers I apologise for this
traffic problem and will be addressing it with the JMPD. 
In the early 94.7's I recall lots of abuse and unhappiness due to the new road closure,  dealing with this is a process for the authorities, cyclists and the public alike.  

A race such as this represents the future of cycling
in this country, without mass participation in cycling through this kind of
event we would all be being short sighted.
There were the road races, dikwiel and BMX races, each a way in which people get involved in cycling as a whole.  Each one of you will benefit as a cycling community as we develop the sport in places such as Soweto.

I can assure you
that all the
issues raised here & other learnings from this event will be built into the planning for a
much improved 2008

event.

A race such as this represents the future of cycling

in this country' date=' without mass participation in cycling through this kind of

event we would all be being short sighted.

Each one of you will benefit as a cycling community as we develop the sport in places such as Soweto.

[/quote']

Then so much more your responsibility as an organiser to make sure that it runs smoothly in 2008. Good luck!

Many people seem to think that a mat must be at the start of a race for us to record results' date=' however this is not the case, as all results are always produced based on the gun time.  

Regards

Colin
[/quote']

Hi Colin, thanks for clearing this up. You are quite right - my time does appear on your website. I question using the gun time instead of the actual riders start time, but in this case it was accurate.

Thanks.

Pantani I am aware of that. Let me give you 2 examples that are on the list of events for the National seeding Index that have not met that criteria:

2006 Nola 106km -271 entries not close to 850 finishers

2006 Kremetart 100km-294 entries not close to 850 finishers

But in these cases I think the Pro teams that entered rode a full race, hence the result being valid since there is a time to calculate the index against.

Pantani, I get you and that would be right for Nola, but just have a look at the Kremetart 100km race there was no Pro Team.

WOW , MOAN MOAN, I must say that I really enjoyed the race even if it cost me my front wheel and finished probably stone last.. I was taken out by a middle distance rider, so be it. I was stranded on the side of the road for a while and it was amazing how many local stopped and offered to help. I have never before experienced this type of friendliness in any other race. They chatted and offer to ?maak n plan? To Simon #802, thank you for the loan of your wheel, without it I would have been a DNF. To the organizers, Well done, I understand the frustration as even the JMPD that stopped to help me, said it was impossible to control the taxis, they are a law onto themselves. By the way, when I arrived there were timing mats on the main road.SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR.