Tour of Soweto

Groot Lem

Maybe we must all do the FUN ride or DIKWIEL race next year, sounds like all the hard work and organizing went into that.............

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MR Minanawe please clarify this for me.

1. Why were the Dikwiel laps so short only 11km`s instead of 17km

2. Weren't the Dikwiel riders competing for the prize money expected to complete two laps as this would thin out the true riders with spirit.

As I did two laps with my SheBeen only due to thinking I would be in the running as people got tired but it seems I only needed to do 1 lap in order to get the race price money.

Granted I won a prize for best decorated but it seems unfair and pointless to make it a 17/34km race.

Also as a suggestion please get us a lead vehicle for the dikwiel category and also sort out the mtb`s from the dikwiels as we cant compete in the same fields. A dikwiel has 1 or 3 speeds not 27 like a mtb, making it an unfair advantage up a hill,flats and downhills. I mean i beat many with my 3speed shebeen up a hill (Im strong) but on the flats and downhills there plenty gears came in handy and passed me as if i was standing.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Anyway, I can only report what *I* saw, and I really enjoyed myself and the race in general. If things did get out of hand later, I can only hope they start us plebs off early again next year, because I can?t wait to be back?

[/quote']

Of course all everyone is going to hear about is the f..ups.

Pity

Morning Colin

I have always admired the manner in which you guys have done your work as I come along way with you guys on the running scene, however Sunday was not a good way to start, check the results of the 92km event and you will see why SOME of the top finishers were not A batch starters but C and D once checking against their other times you soon realise the started in the A batch and it is still questionable that the times they rode can be correct

Narra you are correct when you mention the Blue IQ mess,hopefully the Soweto organizers have learnt from Sunday's event and rectify the situation if they want to continue next year.

Morning Colin
check the results of the 92km event and you will see why SOME of the top finishers were not A batch starters but C and D once checking against their other times you soon realise the started in the A batch and it is still questionable that the times they rode can be correct 

Cannot agree with you more, have a look at some of the top finishers credentials and then you wonder, one of the top 5 did a 3h33 for Bakwena.WackoStar

Oh yes I am still waiting for a reply from Chamionchip, maybe they are still formulating a civil response. Geek   

Oh Yeah I want to clarify something, I do not have a beef with the organisers and will be back next year. My problem is with CC, if there was a stuff up admit it, and do not post results that are inaccurate and then be burocratic about concerns raised.

Hi Rad006   

In answer to your questions;

The dikwiel race was 17 km's and 34km's I can send you the .gdb (GPS) map of the route which indicates this.  Did you take a short cut?  Maybe we must take the prize money back Wink 

To compete in the decorated section you only had to participate so you could have done one lap and qualified. 

I agree that we must split the dikwiel and the mountain bikes. Remember however that the purpose of the dikwiel race is to encourage participation by locals on bikes which they have and which they are not normally involved in racing on.  So although it is timed and there is prize money it is a developmental race and not intended to be highly competitive.

I have noted your comments about the lead vehicle and other logistics, which will be built into our planning

Thank you