Payment on the hub

biscuit

Also' date=' blatanly say who you are buying from. Some people have good reputations, others not. If it's BigGuy here, he's ok Thumbs%20UpWink[/quote']

Fatcyclist where have you been?? We can liked to have missed you... only some what though,  so don't push it!!LOL

Skye2009-04-17 12:42:12

I've paid upfront for all my purchases, but i have mainly bought stuff from regular posters and sellers.  Do a search on the person selling the goods and see if they have sold goods in the past. 

Skye: been working my butt off... Sometimes my boss likes me to do a few productive things LOL

Fair enough, just let him know not to take advantage of the situation!WinkLOL

Oh no....I walked in to the office Tuesday at 6:45am, left 9:49pm... It kind of interferes with training and Hub... Good thing it was a scheduled rest week anyway LOL

How do i go about payment on the hub?
If i do not meet the seller face to face?
do i pay and he sends the good out of his good will or does he send thme and then i pay?

As a rule of thumb, first look at the sellers profile, if he has his full name shown and has been around the hub for a few years,  you can probably pay him and wait for the goods to be posted.

If however he joined the hub yesterday and gives no personal details on his profile, pay him with your left hand whilst your right hand has a  firm grip on the goods.

Clap I HAVE DONE NUMEROUS TRANSACTIONS, BUYING AND SELLING GOODS ON THE HUB AND NEVER ONCE HAVE I HAD A PROBLEM, AS PER PREVIOUS RESPONCES, MAKE SURE THE SELLER OR BUYER IS KNOWN ON THE HUB AND HE HAS MOST OF HIS INFO SO AS TO CHECK HIS VALIDITY.

Clap I HAVE DONE NUMEROUS TRANSACTIONS' date=' BUYING AND SELLING GOODS ON THE HUB AND NEVER ONCE HAVE I HAD A PROBLEM, AS PER PREVIOUS RESPONCES, MAKE SURE THE SELLER OR BUYER IS KNOWN ON THE HUB AND HE HAS MOST OF HIS INFO SO AS TO CHECK HIS VALIDITY.[/quote']

i agree.

bought and sold with no problems. but then again i am am incredible guy so don't use me as the standard.Big%20smile

if ur a bit paranoid get sum1 from the same area who can do the transaction on ur behalf if possible. Maybe inspect the item u would like to acquire.

if ur a bit paranoid get sum1 from the same area who can do the transaction on ur behalf if possible. Maybe inspect the item u would like to acquire.

Good advice here from Paulvs

I don't have details or my full name, doesn't mean I'm a dodgy seller, I'm just cautious with putting details on the internet.

I have been surpised at how trusting some people are.  Personally I wouldn't transfer large sums of money into someones account without some guarantee that I will get the goods. 

I agree though about searching for the persons posts.   If you see successful previous sales then thats always a good sign.

Done quite a few deals lately (selling and buying) and have had no problems. Where possible did face to face (Oxwagon's mate and sold a Fuji frame to another hubber but sorry can't remember the name) but have also done the provide goods first and only if the buyer was happy then asked for payment. Not only to well known and highly trustworthy hubbers (i.e. Thug and Jules) but also to Bees in Middelburg and had no issues. Yip I know some may consider it a bit risky but we were willing to take the chance and trust in the goodness of people in general.

Bought from M44SE and Delgado/Zaskar (some time back) and the goods were exactly as described and worked a treat!

Its the same when it comes to buying and selling online everywhere. If possible do it face to face, if not then check to see how long the person has been around and if anyone else has bought successfully from them before.

Do it face to face. Doesn't matter if their name is on the profile or how many phone conversations you have...you can still get ripped off.