what do you to wash your MTB with?

L.T.G

I remember reading a post by someone the other day (for the life of me ,i, can't remember by who or where) that he used the Madame and Eve Braai cleaner on his bike and it worked like a charm!

Was just wondering what other products , whether it being their intended purpose (to clean bikes) or not, you guys are happy with? 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just go and ask my girlfriend...................................

She uses Prepsol, she also washes my offroad bike with it and its works the best

Was using Wynns Clean Green, but I hear that Parrafin works aswell and it's cheaper

I use a new product from WIRX. It is pink in color, like the Clean Green you just spray this on leave to dry then hose it of. They also use this on off road card and bikes and works like a bomb. The cog and chain looked brand new (No scrubbing necessary). Also not harmfull chemicals as it also has a silicone base.

seriously guys, I've tried everything on the market and Prepsol is still the best.

Spray it on your bike, leave it for 5mins. Hose your bike down, job done.

Even the worst sticky mud just falls off.

I can get Prepsol in 25l drums for R300, pm me if you're interested

I got some stuff from my mate which the Sasol chemists make to clean their machines, but DONT USE Sunlight dishsoap, first hose the bike then use paint brush and tooth brush, dry oil and i'm ready again.

You could also load it onto the back of a bakkie, go to the car wash and get bike and bakkie cleaned all at once.
scotty2009-05-08 06:51:03

You weirdos can't use sunlight and stuff like that on your bikes. It is far too corrosive. stick with prepsol or something. You will ruin your paint work with sunlight.

Prepsol & Water!!

BUT PLEASE, Do not get this or Clean Green in your BB or your rear derailleur without lubricating it afterwards!!