what do you to wash your MTB with?

L.T.G

Bob, then what about the downside of prepsol getting into the bearings on the crank and the RD ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

slowone, that is why you re-lube when the bike is clean and dry. Also why I don't use prepsol with every wash, but anything really will get into the bearings.

Well up to now, I've been using diluted Sunlight sprayed on with one of those Mr Muscle/ Handy Andy bottles. Seems like it was a bad idea according to the posts. Parrafin for the drive train and a bit of elbow crease with a toothbrush works wonders.

slowone' date=' that is why you re-lube when the bike is clean and dry. Also why I don't use prepsol with every wash, but anything really will get into the bearings.

[/quote']

what'd be best to relube with?

Guest Big H

I use a BBB clamshell type chainwasher filled with Sunlight Liquid to wash the chain. I the use a stiff brush with Sunlight Liquid to was the drivetrain and brakes. I do net let the stuff get dry on the bike and rinse all the time while washing. I then wash the bike with a liquid polish car wash liquid. I use the Frontline kit of brushes. When the bike is dry I use a machine oil to lube the brakes and moving points on the derraileurs and Squirt for both chains. When the bike is dry I use Mr Min sprayed on a piece of cheesecloth to shine the frame. It helps when you clean next time as road grime, mud and goggas do not stick so muc. I also do this before travelling long distance with the tandem on the carrier or trailer.

ok depending on the ride, spray the bike with water, use a car wash liquid and just brush it down, including wheels, cassette and chain on the bike. Rinse off with water, then re lube.

Maybe once a month take the chain off give it a clean in prepsol, cassette cleaned with prepsol, but frame again with car wash stuff. Use mr Min to shine it up and then lube the bike and put it back together again ?

I hate to say it, but all things considered, I'd go with BigH's method here. Or some variation on that method.

And yeah, slowone, what you suggest i pretty much the system I use. Depending on the ride...

Not sure SPUD's wife washes my bike.Big%20smile

My word... I would let helloise near my bikes, let alone touch them...Confused

Not sure SPUD's wife washes my bike.Big%20smile

My word... I would let helloise near my bikes' date=' let alone touch them...Confused
[/quote']

Hey BOB

Hellonwheels not Mrs Spud.Big%20smile

Wynn's clean green and I high pressure spray gun....wash with whole bike with a sponge and some diluted Clean Green....I scrub my cassette and chain to death with Clean Green...After a damn good rinse, I wash my bike with Meguire's car shampoo and wax it afterwards with Meguire's Deep Crystal wax.....rinse with high-pressure spray gun and then I dry my whole bike down with a microfibre cloth...also, I dry my chain as well....Thumbs%20Up

After a good 4 hour bake in the sun, I lube with Squirt....Approve

Let me just go and ask my girlfriend...................................

She uses Prepsol' date=' she also washes my offroad bike with it and its works the best
[/quote']

does she have a brother, without a GF maybe, that can also wash dirty bikes??

Let me just go and ask my girlfriend...................................

She uses Prepsol' date=' she also washes my offroad bike with it and its works the best
[/quote']

does she have a brother, without a GF maybe, that can also wash dirty bikes??

I'll come wash yours (i'm very well advised now) you'll just have to provide the beer!LOL