Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

Nice!smiley20.gif

Just a question. These bikes are obviously set up for trail riding and a bit of hammering. How would they handle a marathon or a muti-day? What is the least you would tinker with on the bike.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Droo, what's makes yours a "prototype". Did they use different angles or tubing or just the paint scheme?

Did the Desert Dash , SAni2C , Cradle Challange and many,many long distance races on it ! Works for me .

BB I am about 20 now !!! Drinking beer and just sitting in front of tellie is not doing me any good .

Nice!smiley20.gifJust a question. These bikes are obviously set up for trail riding and a bit of hammering. How would they handle a marathon or a muti-day? What is the least you would tinker with on the bike.

The Shova is surprisingly agile for its size' date=' and comfortable for long rides. With a light build and a Talas fork or similar it would be fine for marathons, but it's not a Spez Epic. But it will thrash an Epic on the descents [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley4.gif[/img]

Droo' date=' what's makes yours a "prototype". Did they use different angles or tubing or just the paint scheme?[/quote']

It was one of the first '07 Shovas made, and the only red '07 AFAIK. The serial number is the original owner's name. Everything else is the same...

Did the Desert Dash ' date=' SAni2C , Cradle Challange and many,many long distance races on it ! Works for me .

BB I am about 20 now !!! Drinking beer and just sitting in front of tellie is not doing me any good .[/quote']

20!!!!!!!! flippin heck, don't overdo it now smiley2.gif

Here is/ was mine.

20090519_023157_DSC01046.JPG

Just sold her to a lucky chap up in Jozi. Spec as follows:

Fox TALAS 36 RC2

Fox DHX Air 4.0

SRAM X0 Group

Shimano XTR Cassette

Formula The One Brakes

RaceFace Deus Crankset

Industry Nine Wheels [not shown here]

Sunline Bar and Stem [not shown here]

Weight: Between 13.1kg and 13.9kg [depending on tires]

Currently working on a new Morewood project...

Morewoodkid, you are close to the brand. Do you think they would do small cosmetic changes to a SantaCruz? Like removing V brake bosses and change cable stops to cable guides.

Morewoodkid' date=' you are close to the brand. Do you think they would do small cosmetic changes to a SantaCruz? Like removing V brake bosses and change cable stops to cable guides.[/quote']

Afraid not. We used to be in a position to assist with these sorts of things, but now we are so busy trying to build bikes that we don't have much time at all. Its difficult enough producing enough bikes to feed the demand. Sorry Mampara.

Morewoodkid, when are you guys going to release the rumored Marathon/XC frame?<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Crow, I thought you don?t like single pivot bikes?smiley4.gif

Never said I didn't like them...said the DW is MUCH better. As far as I know the new HT and 100mm Marathon dual will be in time for Epic.

Here's my project.

Its a 2008 Morewood Izimu, with Boxxer team front shocks.

My CRC order was delivered today, Truvative Hotzfeller OCT crank and Mavic 721 Rims.

Still a long way to go......smiley20.gif

20090519_054446_Morewood3.JPG

@ XTC1 - Come chase us down Eden on Sunday' date=' we'll show you justice [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley2.gif[/img]

@ Dirt-rider - Sweeeeeet. And who cares about weight anyway? Shovas feel lighter than they are, and if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger...

You seem quite certain that I will be the one doing the chasing! smiley36.gif

What time you okes riding on Sunday? Looks like nice weather for some mellow longboarding too....

Probably around 9 again. Will confirm closer to the weekend. Sat I'll be there at around 15:30

Archived