Id10T Cyclists

Poenster

Hallo to all, 

After I  read al the posts of people riding  two -three abreast and other things where they didnt obey the rules of the road it come to my  mind  that the Metro police are going to clamp down on these  cyclists one of these days.  Mark my  words.  It is going to be a big  thing. They are going to hit  them  big time.  Dont cry afterwards.  They asked for it .

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

Especially if they are arrogant, beating up grandpa's and IDENTIFYABLE with a 300mm x 300mm licensed numberplates on their R75k carbon fibre bikes!!!!!! Imagine how the rest of the world will be laughing at us then!!!!!!!

Not to be rude and shoot down anybodies ideas, but do you really think they could get the licenses thing right? If they can't even get car licenses and drivers licenses right?

The next thing you know you'll be able to buy fake licenses and plates for your ride.... LOL

The next thing you know you'll be able to buy fake licenses and plates for your ride.... LOL

Guess it will alleviate unemployment.

We are always quick to have a go at motorists, unfortunately there are far too many so called cyclists making it difficult for those of us who believe that everyone has a right to use the roads safely.

As previously mentioned we need to take responsibility as well and confront 'cyclists' that make it difficult for everyone else

PS. Please don't wave at me when I'm going up a hill

smiley29.gif Jinx2007-03-19 15:38:58

[

We are always quick to have a go at motorists' date= unfortunately there are far too many so called cyclists making it difficult for those of us who believe that everyone has a right to use the roads safely.

As previously mentioned we need to take responsibility as well and confront 'cyclists' that make it difficult for everyone else
[/quote]

My point exactly! Clap

We are always quick to have a go at motorists, unfortunately there are far too many so called cyclists making it difficult for those of us who believe that everyone has a right to use the roads safely.

Well said. Cleanse the ranks from the inside!!

I think the part of swearing at motorists - that I can understand' date=' the part I cannot is that those are usually the guys making the biggest noise when someone gets knocked down,
another thing: - rodies are known to be bombastic and arrogant, I have yet to meet a roadie who actually greets you when you ride past him or her on a bike .... just an observation.....
grow up guys and get a MTB!!!!! at least you will be safer and enjoy riding more. If it is tea you need and time to chat, then do it at the coffe shop afterwards, not while you are riding. [/quote']

Maybe if you get a road bike and get onto the road and off the dirt you'll find some road riders to greet.

I often run on a stretch of road frequented by road cyclists, they all greet me, while I'm running - I just greet first. Try it, it works.

Regarding riding abreast.

The motorists must be educated that cyclists may ride abreast all the way from the yellow line or shoulder to the line in the middle of the road.

Because we ride far left to give them space to pass, they have come to believe we MUST ride single file on the far left. Not true.

We have the same rights on the road that any other road user has.

A while ago I saw a horse drawn cart close to the Cape Town airport on a busy road. No cars were hooting to pass, they just waited untill there was a gap, then passed. Why must it be different for cyclists?

I must say I'm getting sick of the situation myself.

My wife freaks out with every ride I do, long or short.

It IS dangerous out there, and I don't like it.

I'm a road cyclist and not a MTBiker.

What now?

The minister of transport will probably say: "If you don't like it, you whining white, leave the country!"

Well I may just take up the offer....................

Regarding riding abreast.

The motorists must be educated that cyclists may ride abreast all the way from the yellow line or shoulder to the line in the middle of the road.

Because we ride far left to give them space to pass' date=' they have come to believe we MUST ride single file on the far left. Not true.

We have the same rights on the road that any other road user has.

A while ago I saw a horse drawn cart close to the Cape Town airport on a busy road. No cars were hooting to pass, they just waited untill there was a gap, then passed. Why must it be different for cyclists?
[/quote']

I disagree... FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, it is better to ride on the side of the road. What if some idiot with a higher alcohol than blood level comes cruising down your stretch of road at 160km\h and drives straight into you? 1x dead cyclist... As you can see in a lot of the posts about cyclists getting killed...

With regards to rights to be on the road... you only pay your licenses for motorvehicles. not bicycles... maybe we should all hang garage door plates on teh back of our bikes and sport license disks just off our front wheel's hub... that way we can ride wherever we want on the road. Because we paid for it...

Poenster2007-03-20 01:53:38

Guest Big H

BaieSukkel

Quote by Baie Sukkel:

message By H:

The Horse Cart Oprerator was not clad in Moffie Clothes..... and did not middle finger and shout abuse at the motorists!!!!!

I think some clarification is necessary:

A driver's licence allows you to operate a motor vehicle of a specific class;

The taxes that we pay allow us access to our roads.

Guest Big H

Flippa ..........."they" drive 3 ton BMW's at great speeds!!!!!..... we ride 6,8kg flimsy bikes at low speeds made out of carbon fibre that goes SNAP, CRACKLE , POP!!!!!! I PREFER to ride in the middle of the road with my 2 ton Toyota!!!!!

Ok.

Just kill the lot. Or at least drag them. While we're at it, let's do some pedestrians as well - they didn't pay license fees to use the roads.

Lekker place this!

H. I'm sure the Capie would have used some very colourfull words and signs had anyone hooted.